Mobile Phone Tools vs FutureDial Suite for Razr V3?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 8, 2005 2:22:10 AM

I just bought 3 Razrs and need to transfer phonebooks to
each of them.
What is the recommended software?

I've found FutureDial ($20 to upgrade from an old version I
have) and
Mobile Phone Tools ($40).

Mobile Phone Tools website has a lot of problems, I can't
download the
demo or even get to the order page, which makes me question
their code
writing ability.

What are people using? One of these or something I missed?

Thanks
Fred
August 8, 2005 2:22:11 AM

I am using PhoneTools with no problems. You didn't say, where are you
transferring from? Computer or cell phone? If cell, what make & model?

Fred

"Fred" <thankyouforaskingNOT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just bought 3 Razrs and need to transfer phonebooks to each of them.
> What is the recommended software?
>
> I've found FutureDial ($20 to upgrade from an old version I have) and
> Mobile Phone Tools ($40).
>
> Mobile Phone Tools website has a lot of problems, I can't download the
> demo or even get to the order page, which makes me question their code
> writing ability.
>
> What are people using? One of these or something I missed?
>
> Thanks
> Fred

August 8, 2005 4:18:14 AM

Phones. 2 from Sanyo 8100, 1 from Sony Ericsson T608

Fred

"Fred" <none@abc.com> wrote in message
>I am using PhoneTools with no problems. You didn't say,
>where are you transferring from? Computer or cell phone?
>If cell, what make & model?
>
> Fred
>
> "Fred" <thankyouforaskingNOT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I just bought 3 Razrs and need to transfer phonebooks to
>>each of them.
>> What is the recommended software?
>>
>> I've found FutureDial ($20 to upgrade from an old version
>> I have) and
>> Mobile Phone Tools ($40).
>>
>> Mobile Phone Tools website has a lot of problems, I can't
>> download the
>> demo or even get to the order page, which makes me
>> question their code
>> writing ability.
>>
>> What are people using? One of these or something I
>> missed?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Fred

Related resources
August 8, 2005 6:29:21 PM

No experience with those models but if they are GSM you can save the address
book to the SIM card and many phone dealers (including Cingular corporate
stores have a device that can transfer them to your Cingular SIM.

> Phones. 2 from Sanyo 8100, 1 from Sony Ericsson T608
>
> Fred
>
> "Fred" <none@abc.com> wrote in message
>>I am using PhoneTools with no problems. You didn't say, where are you
>>transferring from? Computer or cell phone? If cell, what make & model?
>>
>> Fred
>>
>> "Fred" <thankyouforaskingNOT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I just bought 3 Razrs and need to transfer phonebooks to each of them.
>>> What is the recommended software?
>>>
>>> I've found FutureDial ($20 to upgrade from an old version I have) and
>>> Mobile Phone Tools ($40).
>>>
>>> Mobile Phone Tools website has a lot of problems, I can't download the
>>> demo or even get to the order page, which makes me question their code
>>> writing ability.
>>>
>>> What are people using? One of these or something I missed?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Fred

Anonymous
August 8, 2005 10:48:57 PM

In <mQvJe.110612$Kp2.7849107@twister.southeast.rr.com> on Sun, 07 Aug 2005
22:22:10 GMT, "Fred" <thankyouforaskingNOT@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I just bought 3 Razrs and need to transfer phonebooks to
>each of them.

SyncML can be used if both old and new phones support it.
<http://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?fid=45&gt;
<http://xml.coverpages.org/syncML.html&gt;
<http://www.kryogenix.org/days/2005/02/16/synchronisatio...;

August 9, 2005 12:24:06 AM

I also have 3 Razr phones. I use a Mac so I don't need MPT. Just iSync
(built-in to MacOS) for transferring contacts/calendars, and Bluetooth
file exchange (also built in) for transferring photos and music. Piece
of cake.
!