Sign in with
Your question

Simple Question About PC Case Modding?!

Last response: in Systems
June 10, 2012 11:57:51 AM

I need to buy a case for my first PC build but finding one that meets my qualifications is impossible. I want a mid tower case that is as roomy as possible, good cable management, room for expansion, and good airflow. I also want a large clear window and RED LEDs. Also, it must be <$90.
This seems to be impossible because every time i find one i like, it has blue LEDs, or it was red LEDs with a wimpy window..

my question is, are preinstalled fans in cases able to be removed and replaced? Im referring specifically to the ANTEC ELEVEN HUNDRED: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
I want to remove the top blue LED fan with a red one of the same size. Can this be done because i see it is hooked up to a switch on the back to switch on and off the LEDs so i thought it would be permanently in place..

Thanks for your time
June 10, 2012 12:02:11 PM

im pretty sure you can just get a aftermarket 200mm fan with red leds and hook it up. yu just have to hook up the led controller to the fan itself
m
l
June 10, 2012 12:10:35 PM

TheBigTroll said:
im pretty sure you can just get a aftermarket 200mm fan with red leds and hook it up. yu just have to hook up the led controller to the fan itself

Is this possible for all other cases? Im a newbie at PC cases, so im not sure if they are all permanently attached or can all be replaced, because that opens up a world of possibilities if they can be
m
l
Related resources
June 10, 2012 3:07:44 PM

i thought apevia is pretty much crap
m
l
June 11, 2012 8:04:51 PM

I would go for that CM Storm or the case I picked. Apevia = bad.
m
l
!