What's bad? CPU or MOBO?

MadDog121

Honorable
May 24, 2012
So my PC doesn't even try to POST... Fans spin, front leds shine(although my HDD led is flashing in a constant frequency, like every 1,5 secs in i connect my HDD), disk drive works. And here is how it happened:
My PC was a little bit dusty so i decided to clean in. I was cleaning it with compressed air from a distance that nothing gets torn apart from the pressure. I also removed the front plastic cover(where the power button is and the leds) and i also disconnected the little cables from the mobo to completely remove it and clean it because i had an unexpected pet in there(spider) and there were webs all over the place. I also removed the HDD, disk drive, RAMs, GPU. Also took off the heatsink to check the thermal compound.. every thing seemed fine when i cleared it from dust. When i got it all back together, of course i tried to turn it on to see how many times it beeps because usually it never runs clean from the first try after putting it back together... So i turned it on and nothing! Not a single beep, then as usual i tried to check the contacts from the RAMs and GPU. Still nothing, then i tried to remove everything except mobo(lol) and CPU. So everything else was removed... Still no beep. Then i tried to reset the CMOS memory by removing the battery.. nothing... then reset the bios with the jumper.. noting... and now we are back to the present...

I also have to mention that my pc sometimes randomly turned on seconds after i turned my router on which was extremely strange. I tried the PSU on another PC and it worked perfectly so the only suspects left are the CPU and the MOBO.

Also my mobo is pretty old, it has only 2 RAM slots. If you need any other info to help me solve the problem, feel free to ask for it! I will reply if i forgot to mention something!

Help is much appreciated! :D

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
can u make sure the wires going to the motherboard are in the correct pin ie pwrswt, led etc make sure the power switch one when plugged in is red to + and black to -, + and - are marked on the board, worth a try

MadDog121

Honorable
May 24, 2012

I double checked that, but there is no other way to put it except + on + and - on - . There are little plastic thingies that prevent from plugging it wrong.

but the fans were completely disconnected while i was blowing air into them. so i don't think that could damage in some way.

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
sound to me he has his led,pwrsw,hddled wires all wrong especially the power swith one cause when he plugs it in if red is going to the negative pin and vice versa it may not start up and short, but sometimes even if wrong they do work, someone said they only go one way but no always the case, my motherboard can be plugged wrong.

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
mine has no plastic bit just a row of pins, and the board is marked with pwrsw then + - on the board, the i take my 2 pin wire which is black with a red wire and red to + and black to negative.

MadDog121

Honorable
May 24, 2012

The powersw, resetsw and hddled are in the right place, im 80% sure about the -p led and the +pled but not entirely sure :/... i also unplugged the front usb ports form the mobo and can't figure out where it was^^ but i don't think that would matter

MadDog121

Honorable
May 24, 2012
I mentioned the mysterious power on after powering the internet router... What's up with that? was that a defect that brought the motherboard to it's end?