Can keeping two same graphics cards to a computer gives 2x performance

samer sami

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
hello mates i want to know that can keeping two graphics cards of same type gives double performance?

example:
i have sapphire radeon 5450 1gb ddr3 graphics card with which i can play batman arkham city on low......

if i keep one more ati card of same type does my game run on high settings?

please reply if u have any answers........ :D

and THANK YOU..................... :)

you can only do it if your 2 cards can be crossfired which would require the cards to support crossfire and be compatible. you would also need to have a crossfire bridge connecting the 2 cards.

the performance gain isn't double and doesn't always work well with all games.

freddy1765

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
I would highly recommend you buy a new card altogether if you want to play games. The 5450 is not a gaming card by any standards, and doesn't seem to have very good Xfire scaling :)
What's your rig/budget?

Nice Doraemon avatar.

No, your card does not support Xfire. It can hybrid Xfire, but the gain from hybrid Xfiring a weak card with IPG on compatible mobo will be minimal.

I suggest you to list your current full spec so we can give you the most appropriate upgrade path.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
best option is upgrading your video card, if you tell us your Power supply, and the maximum budget of a gpu whe can recommend you a upgrading, buying another 5450 will give you almost no improvement in gaming and will be a waste of money.

samer sami

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012

what is mobo and PSU and say me some good graphics cards below 6000 rupees only

and what is ur graphics card and price?

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
if you wan't to play batman arkham city i would recommend you minimum a 6850 but that is a little over your budget U$149

the best gpu on that budget is the 6770 but if you can upgrade to the 6850 would be a nice investment.

but you need to make sure your psu is good enough to handle it, also make sure your Motherboard have a pci-e x16 slot

7750 could be an option too.