Status Bar appearence

Hello everybody!

Is there something I can do in order to configure Windows XP Professional in
such a way that the Status Bar always appears by default every time I open a
window?

As you know, by default in Windows XP Professional, the Status Bar does not
show whenever a window opens and now the only way to make it appear is to
click View/Status Bar in every separate window I open.

However, when the window is closed this setting is lost and this procedure
has to be repeated every time a window opens for the Status Bar to become
apparent again.

Many thanks for your attention!

Theodore Stathopoulos, Athens, Greece.
2 answers Last reply
More about status appearence

    I would recommend that you open one Explorer window... choose that the
    status bar be viewed. At this point leave the window open and go to Tools
    then Folder Options and click the View Tab - then scroll down to Remember
    each folder's view settings - uncheck that box, click apply then in the same
    window click the Apply to All Folders button. After all of this, check
    Remember each folder's view settings and then click OK - close that explorer
    window and see if it is there when you re-open another window.

    "Theodore Stathopoulos" <Theodore Stathopoulos@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:91B1D89B-5A70-4450-9683-53E7271EBAE4@microsoft.com...
    > Hello everybody!
    >
    > Is there something I can do in order to configure Windows XP Professional
    > in
    > such a way that the Status Bar always appears by default every time I open
    > window?
    >
    > As you know, by default in Windows XP Professional, the Status Bar does
    > not
    > show whenever a window opens and now the only way to make it appear is to
    > click View/Status Bar in every separate window I open.
    >
    > However, when the window is closed this setting is lost and this procedure
    > has to be repeated every time a window opens for the Status Bar to become
    > apparent again.
    >
    > Many thanks for your attention!
    >
    > Theodore Stathopoulos, Athens, Greece.

    Theodore Stathopoulos <Theodore
    Stathopoulos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Is there something I can do in order to configure Windows XP Professional in
    >such a way that the Status Bar always appears by default every time I open a
    >window?

    Press CTRL while you close the Explorer window with the Status Bar
    turned on.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Default Customization Windows XP