Does RAM have to be installed to post?

macodi

Distinguished
May 24, 2001
I know, this is a 1st grade question. I have everything but the DDR 2100 for my system..Biostar M7MIA and AMD 1.2 Ghz. Just wanted to turn it on and make sure the fans, and especially the Volcano II works OK. It just beeps once about every 3 seconds and the power switch won't turn it off. Have to pull the plug.

macodi

Distinguished
May 24, 2001
This is my first mobo this is not Asus. The manual is great for the Bios layout, but the troubleshooting is similar to the back of a bazooka wrapper. The website is a close second.

-------------------------
$28 of Microsoft stock in '86 is now worth $10470. Here, take a kleenex.

macodi

Distinguished
May 24, 2001
A little more reserach and found the answer:
Errors found during the post test are reported via a beeping noise in the speaker and by a POST error code on the display. Errors found during the first two checks, however, halt the system.
01XX system board
02XX memory

---------------------------------------------
How dumb can you get and still breathe?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Gravity has speed if you count Terminal Velocity. But that's stretching a bit to call it speed.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Terminal velocity is only present because the force of gravity equals the force of the air resistance pushing up on you. Remove the air resistance and you would continue to accelerate infinitely, or at least until you hit the center of gravity (or surface, *splat*) of the object emitting the gravitational field (such as a planet.)

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

FatBurger

Illustrious
Right, which is why I said that was stretching it.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey guys,
Reading the random facts and opinions on Physics and other theorys, is almost as fun as reading the real posts! Do any of you guys go to a Chat room and dis each other with your superior knowledge of different subjects in real time? It would be fun to watch.....I would have to use the scroll button to reread all this stuff....forget about keeping up!
Peace Out........tile

What do you mean, SEE THE BIG PICTURE, you mean I need a New Monitor too???

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
When he says "speed of gravity" I think he may be talking about how fast the influence of gravity is felt. For example, if you have a completely isolated system with one body in it, and then spontaneously introduce another body into the system by form of an energy -> matter conversion, how long would it take for the first body to feel the presence of the second one, given a distance of course.

Lyrics. Wasted time between solos.