Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Audio problem in Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
January 25, 2012 2:10:04 PM

I'm using a new computer with Windows 7. When a DVD is played, I can't hear the character's dialog when speaking. I hear all the other sounds, such as music, background noise, etc., but when the characters speak I don't hear their voices!

How do I correct this?
Thank you for your assistance!

More about : audio problem windows

Best solution

a c 218 $ Windows 7
January 25, 2012 3:43:44 PM

Check your audio settings and make sure it's set to a single speaker or stereo. If it's set to 5.1 surround or something and you don't actually have that type of setup, some sounds may be missing.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2012 3:55:17 PM

Assuming you are using stereo speakers, make sure that you are not playing hte 5.1 Dolby/DTS audio track. This may cause some voices to vanish.
January 25, 2012 4:15:09 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Check your audio settings and make sure it's set to a single speaker or stereo. If it's set to 5.1 surround or something and you don't actually have that type of setup, some sounds may be missing.

Thanks, Hawkeye22! That did the trick! My setting was on 7.1. How it got that way I've no idea, but I reset it to 2.1, my normal setting, and it works fine now. Thanks a bunch!
January 25, 2012 4:17:14 PM

gamerk316 said:
Assuming you are using stereo speakers, make sure that you are not playing hte 5.1 Dolby/DTS audio track. This may cause some voices to vanish.

Hey Gamerk316, I took your and Hawkeye22's suggestion and reset my speakers to 2.1 (it was on 7.1 for some reason!) and now it works perfectly! Thank you much!
January 25, 2012 4:20:22 PM

WR2 said:
Try using the VLC media player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Hey WR2, even though I discovered that the player wasn't the problem (it was my speakers being set to 7.1, instead of 2.1), I downloaded the VLC Player and I love it!

I'll use it to play my DVD's as I actually like it better than Windows Media Player. Thanks for the heads-up!
February 3, 2012 11:34:28 PM

Best answer selected by pman58.
a b $ Windows 7
February 4, 2012 12:01:10 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!