Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

External housing for Graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 13, 2012 5:14:03 PM

I am making my own computer case. I wanted to go with a modular design and have all the components "compartmentalized" (housed in seperate boxes), but as far as I know there wouldnt be a way to connect the graphics card to the mobo. I've tried looking, but does anyone here know of a PCI extension cable or connector?

Best solution

a c 132 U Graphics card
April 13, 2012 5:22:00 PM
April 13, 2012 5:36:31 PM

Thanks so much! Is there any noticable loss of speed or any other issue with an extension cable?
Related resources
a c 132 U Graphics card
April 13, 2012 5:47:32 PM

I have no idea. I just used Google to find it.

-Wolf sends
April 13, 2012 6:13:32 PM

Dang. Usually my googling skills suffice to find a solution. I did find a link on a different forum. Custom sized extender cables for PCIx16. He mentions that length can create an opportunity for interference.
a c 179 U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 1:31:28 AM

Here is another site you can check out. And I to don't know if your will have a drop in singal it the ribbin is to long. I guess you could contact the people who are making them and find out. Good luck to you.
April 24, 2012 2:34:30 AM

Best answer selected by artistream.