() new Digital Photo Site ()

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
July 23, 2005 2:38:51 PM

Archived from groups: hk.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.nature,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr (More info?)

http://home.comcast.net/~stock_photo/

Any comments?

More about : digital photo site

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:21:26 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,hk.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Your scenery photos needed a polarizer to saturate the color.

Nice images though.

Steve
"Kent" <no@reply.com> wrote in message
> http://home.comcast.net/~stock_photo/
>
> Any comments?
July 29, 2005 4:54:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,hk.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Thanks for the comments. Any suggestions for a not so
expensive 72mm Cir. Polarizer?

"Steve Dell" <stevedell@comcast.net> wrote

> Your scenery photos needed a polarizer to saturate the color.
>
> Nice images though.
>
> Steve
> "Kent" <no@reply.com> wrote in message
>> http://home.comcast.net/~stock_photo/
>>
>> Any comments?
July 30, 2005 11:16:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,hk.rec.photo,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Kent,
You have some nice shots but. in resizing them for your site, you seem to be
also choosing high compression rates, This is especially true in your
sunset/rise shots. You can tell from the very hard boundaries between shades
of brightness.

--
Steven Blackwood
swblackwood@worldnet.att.net

"Kent" <no@reply.com> wrote in message
> http://home.comcast.net/~stock_photo/
>
> Any comments?
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:22:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Better would be a graduated polarizer. See this link:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=searc...

There are others as well. I have this one. in a smaller model.

--

> Thanks for the comments. Any suggestions for a not so
> expensive 72mm Cir. Polarizer?
>
> "Steve Dell" <stevedell@comcast.net> wrote
>
>> Your scenery photos needed a polarizer to saturate the color.
>>
>> Nice images though.
>>
>> Steve
>> "Kent" <no@reply.com> wrote in message
>>> http://home.comcast.net/~stock_photo/
>>>
>>> Any comments?
July 31, 2005 12:00:43 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Hi Steven,

I've never heard of a graduated polarizer. Did you mean graduated ND?
I just bought the Cokin Grad ND x4 for a starter. What do you think of
Cokin filters?
Maybe I'll invest in B+W filters if the Cokin turns out good.

Kent... :)

"Steven Blackwood" <swblackwood@worldnet.att.net> wrote in

> Better would be a graduated polarizer. See this link:
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=searc...
> 305&a=33_180&shs=&ci=116&ac=&Submit.x=9&Submit.y=7&Submit=Go
>
> There are others as well. I have this one. in a smaller model.

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 6:33:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Yes, that is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. I have no experience
with the Cokin brand.

--

> Hi Steven,
>
> I've never heard of a graduated polarizer. Did you mean graduated ND?
> I just bought the Cokin Grad ND x4 for a starter. What do you think of
> Cokin filters?
> Maybe I'll invest in B+W filters if the Cokin turns out good.
>
> Kent... :)
>
> "Steven Blackwood" <swblackwood@worldnet.att.net> wrote in
>
>> Better would be a graduated polarizer. See this link:
>> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=searc...
>> 305&a=33_180&shs=&ci=116&ac=&Submit.x=9&Submit.y=7&Submit=Go
>>
>> There are others as well. I have this one. in a smaller model.

Anonymous
July 31, 2005 5:51:29 PM

Kent wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> I've never heard of a graduated polarizer. Did you mean graduated ND?
> I just bought the Cokin Grad ND x4 for a starter. What do you think of
> Cokin filters?
> Maybe I'll invest in B+W filters if the Cokin turns out good.
>
> Kent... :)
>
> "Steven Blackwood" <swblackwood@worldnet.att.net> wrote in
>

>>Better would be a graduated polarizer. See this link:
>>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=searc...
>>305&a=33_180&shs=&ci=116&ac=&Submit.x=9&Submit.y=7&Submit=Go
>>
>>There are others as well. I have this one. in a smaller model.

Hi Kent,

First off, I should tell you my bag has B+W and Heliopan filters. I've
had my filters for years so I keep using them. However, I know folks who
use Cokin filters and they swear by them. Reason being, much of their
photographic systems consists of prime lenses and third party lenses,
which range in size from 58mm to 77mm filter sizes. Buying high end
filters to use on different type lenses would be costly, besides loading
their bag with multiples of a lot of different size filters. Using
step-up rings could save some money but they should be tried first to
find out if the larger size filters would fit into the mated lens hood.
Besides, it's not easy to use polarized or graduated filters in such
installations.

Two weeks ago, I borrowed a couple of graduated "P" size Cokin filters
(with the Cokin lens hood), just to putzz around with them and see if
they are as easy to use as my B+W graduated filters. I not only found
them easier to use, I like the idea of being able to adjust how much of
the filter graduation I want to use in a shot. After my experience with
them, I'm thinking of looking into this type of filter setup, just for
graduated filters. In my case, I would have no use for replacing all my
filters with a Cokin type filter setup. But, if I were just beginning to
amass a bunch of filters, I think it would be wise to see what the
market offers in Cokin type filter setups. Especially, if there are a
lot of different filter size lenses that have to be considered.

When I tried the Cokin graduated filters, I still used my B+W/Heliopan
KR1.5 filters and at times used my B+W/Heliopan warming type filters
along with the graduated Cokin filter setup. The end result being, I
like the results and ease of use. For example, to get the same results
with my conventional filters, I would have to stack a larger size filter
over a smaller size filter to avoid vignetting. When doing that,
oftentimes (but not always), I can't stack and still use the mated lens
hood. Cokin type plus conventional filter setups would easily resolve
that problem.
August 20, 2005 10:45:58 PM

I agree. Thanks for the advice :)

"Cardamon Dave" <davek57@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1123699109.956153.79910