Monitors show different colors when I click+drag

Pat712

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Strange problem for you folks. I have a dual monitor setup I use for CG design and art. These dell monitors are nearly identical (one generation apart but have same physical appearance) and both are connected to nvidia GPUS (one on-board and one PCI-express).

Those subtle differences mean the colors on one monitor are slightly better than the other. But here's the funny thing: If I click+drag an image (say in a photoviewer window) from the good monitor to the other one the colors look the same, that is until I release the mouse. Then the other monitor lessens the color quality (makes it greenish). It's obviously capable of representing the right colors. How can I fix it?

Could it be a gamma issue? I'm on windows and all my CG images use the standard adobe srgb profile corrected to 2.2. Though the same thing happens with images taken from my DSLR camera.

Kari

Splendid
it's weird that it's fine until you release the mouse... I suppose that rules out the settings in the osd on the monitor itself... (I actually tuned my second monitor by dragging pictures back'n'forth between the screens, or by just keeping the pic in the middle so it was visible on both)
It might still be driver related. Can you adjust the image settings for each monitor in the nvidia control panel?

Pat712

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
UPDATE:: Thanks for the quick reply, I adjusted the settings in the nvdia control panel and things look a little better (more similar anyway). The problem with the click drag is likely a software issue, since it only seems to be taking place in adobe applications like Bridge and Photoshop. The affect is that images are displayed with more blue or green depending on the monitor/GPU (on mouse release).