Hd 6850 drivers problem help!

hey guys i just bought the sapphire hd 6850 the original 1gb model with the 1 6pin connector
My problem is that i have worse performance than my old hd 4850 in all games..
bf3 wont even start
and when i open my pc a get the blue screen with an error so its propably a driver problem
i tryed to install and reinstall all the drivers(1 by1 with driver sweeper(i cleaned them well what was left))
and i tryed to play without drivers and i had the same performance..
pc specs
quad q9400 @ 2.66 GHz
tt litepower 700w
ga-p31-es3g
ddr 2 667 mhz ram
10 answers Last reply
More about 6850 drivers problem help
  1. It sounds likely to me that you need to replace the power supply.
  2. seamus_ar said:
    It sounds likely to me that you need to replace the power supply.

dont think so because the card requieres a 500w one and i have an 700w one
  3. Howdy,

Did that last night. Only thing to do was to install Win 7 again ( clean one) then install the 12.1. Worked for me ;)
    Got a 650w.
  4. Quote:
    Howdy,

Did that last night. Only thing to do was to install Win 7 again ( clean one) then install the 12.1. Worked for me ;)
    Got a 650w.

genuin w7?
  5. could be a DX issue. Maybe search out microsoft website for updated DX runtime.

the 4850 will run DX10 but not 11. that may be a problem for the 6850. tessellation will weigh heavy under some circumstances. depending on your settings and resolution and the game.

or you could have a defective card... ????

may be a sound driver conflict. amd has sound through HDMI and there have been issues related.
  6. THIS IS NOT A DRIVER PROBLEM :non: . Your PSU seems like a poor quality one. A low quality PSU which is even a 1000w one would be totally useless. So try a good quality PSU from Corsair, Cooler Master etc. The 2nd cause may be that your purchased Graphics card may be a faulty one. Try the card on a friends PC which have a good quality PSU.
  7. spp85 said:
    THIS IS NOT A DRIVER PROBLEM :non: . Your PSU seems like a poor quality one. A low quality PSU which is even a 1000w one would be totally useless. So try a good quality PSU from Corsair, Cooler Master etc. The 2nd cause may be that your purchased Graphics card may be a faulty one. Try the card on a friends PC which have a good quality PSU.

i tryed on a friends pc with the litepower 500w and it worked perfectly and in the same pc he runs the evga gtx 560 ti fpb
  8. whats the amperage under the 12v on the sticker on the PS ?
  9. Howdy,

I missed the discussion before reg BF3. But I did this for my Hd6850 to work. I did a clean install with my Win7. After that I
    used ccc 12.1. I seems to work. Had the same problems with bluescreen and everything else before like u had. Must have been som problems with old ( or new) drivers for HD6850. Ive tried some mmo games and it works quite good now. :)
    So mu suggestions is try install a new Win7 (format or whatever) then use 12.1. Heard that 11.11 works good to but I went for 12.1. Missed that 2, Is your HD6850 OC? Look here maybe http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/116678-25-crashing-hd6850
  10. If you look carefully at the system requirements for hd 6850, you need to have a 1gb ddr3 ram 1066 or more, if i am right
    you need good ram in order to run the GPU properly
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Drivers HD Graphics