Sending email directly from 6310i on Orange?

Last response: in Brands
June 15, 2004 3:11:10 AM

Is it even possible?

If I go to Messages/Write Email I can enter any email address from my
address book, I am then prompted to enter a subject and the body of the text
then I can select Send e-mail but am prompted for an E-mail server number.

What should this be?

Can this be stored in the phone so it automatically sends an email to this
server?

Do I have to register an account with Orange or a 3rd party?

Sorry for all the questions but it would be real handy to send an email
directly from the mobile without the scourge of bluetooth connections or
WAP/GPRS!

--
Thanks & regards,
-pp-

"Pheasant PluckerĀ®" <pheasant@plucker.not> wrote in message
> Is it even possible?
>
> If I go to Messages/Write Email I can enter any email address from my
> address book, I am then prompted to enter a subject and the body of the
text
> then I can select Send e-mail but am prompted for an E-mail server
number.

> What should this be?
>
> Can this be stored in the phone so it automatically sends an email to
this
> server?
>
> Do I have to register an account with Orange or a 3rd party?
>
> Sorry for all the questions but it would be real handy to send an email
> directly from the mobile without the scourge of bluetooth connections or
> WAP/GPRS!

I don't honestly know, but if your email can be contained within the 160
characters of an SMS message (including the to-address) send it to
+447747782320 - this will send the message to the address you enter at the
start of the text message. See www.connectotel.com/sms/mmail.html for
info.

Ivor
!