Sign in with
Your question

GTS 250 lagging and black textures

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 13, 2012 10:44:08 PM

I just got my computer reformatted from windows xp sp3 to windows 7 ultimate, my specs are:
AMD Athlon II X4 645 2.9ghz
Palit GTS 250 1024 mb.
MCP61D3-iCafe - EMAXX
4gb Ram (3g usable because of being 32 bit win7)

My pc got reformatted as but on a crt monitor, which has a max resolution of 1024 by 768
it performed fine, maxed out Modern Warfare 3 but vsync is off. Went home and connected it on an LCD monitor which has the max resolution of 1280 x 1024 here is the problem, When I plugged it on my external video card (GTS 250) the screen is blank but when connected to the onboard graphics card, it works.

I disabled the on-board card by going to safe mode --> Device Manager --> Display adapters --> Disable
I booted up again, but it still recognizes the integrated card but it's disabled (No option for disable anymore just enable) but it still working.

I selected PCIE connection on BIOS then both cards won't work anymore. :(  I tried putting on my old 9500gt and it recognizes it! :)  I again installed GTS 250 it works! I updated the driver and booted up again
on froze on the win7 loading screen and the card won't work again.

I tried the method above again, but this time I did not update the driver it works! I tried playing Modern Warfare 3 I maxed it out but the loading was surprisingly long and it had error something about no memory and textures. I played it on safemode (all settings low). It works 30ish fps All map textures normal but when I killed enemies, I don't see blood instead black square flat objects come flying out of the body, and I get black screen whenever I enter the bloody vision. I finished the 1st round of survival then on the second black flat things that pop out are gone but as I play more and more, more map textures become black then Blood and bloody vison became black again.

I'm afraid if I update the video driver again, it might f**k up again. What should I do?
a b U Graphics card
April 13, 2012 11:27:54 PM

Sounds like the drivers are screwed.

Download the newest drivers form nvidia.com dont install them just put them on the desktop for now.

Make sure the monitor is plugged into the gts 250. If it is not shut down and switch the wire. set your bios to use the pci-e card.
boot to windows.
Uninstall anything and everything nvidia from porgrams and features in the control panel.
The go to control panel device manager and uninstall the gts250 from there. Windows will ask if you want to delete the driver file as well. Say yes.
When its done reboot.
Then install the new driver from your desktop.
m
l
April 14, 2012 4:36:02 AM

I fixed it! I updated my drivers and it worked like a charm! One problem is that whenever I set texture on Modern Warfare 3 to extra there will be an error that kinda states that direct x encountered an unrecoverable error, but its not lagging anymore.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 4:59:33 AM

I play MW3 alot too and I get the direct x error once in a while. It seems random. none of my other games crash.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 5:10:58 AM

djino96 said:
I fixed it! I updated my drivers and it worked like a charm! One problem is that whenever I set texture on Modern Warfare 3 to extra there will be an error that kinda states that direct x encountered an unrecoverable error, but its not lagging anymore.

Is the game patched to the latest version?
m
l
!