Will my PSU be able to handle the GTX 680? [Specs included]

narutothealc

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Hey how's everyone doing, this is my first post on this forums i've been lerking here for months because i've slowly been building a new computer, now i made an account because this have been bugging me. This is the PSU that i have and i was wondering if it's able to run the GTX 680
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=5888

and here is my System specs
CPU: i5 -2500k stock speed 3.3ghz
RAM: 8gb Ram
MOBO: Z68X-UD3H-B3
CASE: NZXT Guardian 921rb
MONITOR: BENQ XL2410T

and this is the GPU i want to get
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130771

Why must everyone always desire to get the bare minimum?, I tell everyone "Never skimp out on hardware just to get save all you can when you can already afford better"..

Good Lucky getting ahold of a GTX 680. Most people i know A page refresh campers, after trying to buy the GTX 680.

My adive, get atleast a 600 watt or more... (I would get at least a 750 watt)

D

Deleted member 217926

Yes, that is a very good power supply made by Seasonic.

It gets a 9.5/10 from jonnyguru.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=218

The point is he doesn't have a 550W he has a power supply that is a remarked cheap 500W that is known to burn out. you don't risk a 500 impossible to get GPU, nevermind the rest of the parts, to a known bad powersupply design.

narutothealc

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

is corsair owned by seasonic or something? sorry not very techy

D

Deleted member 217926

No. Corsair does not actually make anything though. They just rebrand products. Their power supplies, RAM, cases ect. are all made by other companies and rebranded by Corsair. Now don't get me wrong they pretty much only put their name on quality products and things like their cases and keyboards and mice ect. are made to Corsair's specs. So in effect they do actually design some things.

There are actually only a few companies that make their own power supplies. Seasonic is one of the best and it does not matter if it has the Seasonic name on it or Corsair or XFX or any of the other companies they make power supplies for. If it's Seasonic made it's generally top quality.

p_bug

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011

hello!
I am also running my system with extreme power plus 600 watt :( , you can see my specs in my sig.
Could you suggest a good psu around 800 watt ( want to sli 680 eventually).
I know the tx850v2 is a great psu but i would love one with a red sleeve, if there exists one :D .

p_bug

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011

By sleeve i mean the cloth type of thing that covers the wires.Almost all the psu i have seen have black sleeving.
I am afraid i wont get a red one. :(

you might want to open your own thread. I've heard of people doing their own.sleaving on cables and I know there's shrink stuff you could do individual wires with. there's also replacement cables for some modular psu's. nothing I've ever really looked into though. might want to Google around to get an idea then ask. I wouldn't spend the time/money but -f your getting 680s in SLI sure you have the cash to get what you want.