Just built new computer but no display

astronnis

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Hey, I just built my first computer with all Brand new parts. It turns on all fans work fine, no strange noises, lights and buttons on front work. But i get no single at all to my monitor.
I tried dvi and hdmi, from graphics card and on board graphics also (thinking it might be monitor) i tried hdmi to my tv.. no luck.

Checked all connection they seem to be fine, nothing is shorting the mobo,
ram is in the right channels and it in propery i even tried with 1 stick and no diffence..

Amd phenom 2 965 x4
Ati radeon hd5450 2gb
gigabyte mobo ga-880gma-ud2h
corsair vengence 2x4gb 1600hz ram
600w kentec psu
wd 640 cav blue

astronnis

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Mine has a 4 pin power connector and its plugged and I have done that with speaker and tested by removing ram it worked put ram in no beeps.. Whats the chances its my cpu and how would I be able to find out.. i dont have another to test with

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Back up a step and try this without the HD5450 installed.

Attach the data cable to the MB port. With the PC off, power up the monitor. Do you get anything on the screen? Make sure the correct monitor input is selected on the monitor screen menu.

Power up the PC. You should at least be seeing the option to go into the BIOS toconfigure the CPU and RAM and boot sequence etc..

If not, try a different data cable to the monitor. Still nothing, try a different monitor.

The goal is to at least get it working without the HD5450.

When everything is working and drivers installed (except the HD5450) then you can worry about the video card.

Then Change the bios to disable the MB video, install the video card and remember the power to it. Reboot and then install the drivers for the card

astronnis

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Tried without graphics card didnt work tried d sub on monitor and hdmi on my tv nothig.. i made a mistake above i meant to say i tried the speaker and got no sound even without the ram..

sr3genki

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012

What is your optical drive and HDD?