Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Would this graphic card fit in nicely?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 14, 2012 12:50:14 AM

With d3 nearing, I am looking for a decent graphic card to handle the job.

I looked through the recommendations, and Radeon HD 6670 seems quite cheap for getting the job done. (many tiers above the minimum requirement, and not far below the recommended requirement)


However, I want to check with others opinion first before rushing to buy this graphic card, and also some question in mind.

1. Would this graphic card fit in nicely with my build?
2. How long do you think I can stay with this graphic card before changing to a new one?

My computer specs are:
CPU: i5-2500K
PSU: CORSAIR CX 500 Builder Series V2
MOBO: ASRock Z68 Pro3-M 1155 MATX
RAM: CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dimm Kit
dvd player: samsung
hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 250 GB RPM 16 MB
Case: Antec 300

Not a game heavy person, so don't really need top tier graphic card. I am a diablo fan though which is why I want an upgrade to at least play the game.

Thanks in advance.
a c 1411 U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 1:34:21 AM

For Diablo I would go a least step higher that is HD6770. But to answer your question the HD6670 is a good upper entry level card. Either will work good with your system.
Score
0
Related resources
April 14, 2012 1:53:07 AM

rolli59 said:
For Diablo I would go a least step higher that is HD6770. But to answer your question the HD6670 is a good upper entry level card. Either will work good with your system.


+1
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 1:59:10 AM

Well. just grab a 7750, it performs near a 6770 and costs 20 dollars more then a 6670 and you get double the performance. (note: we are only considering the DDR5 versions of the 6670 as the DDR3 versions are just not worth it)

plus it only requires a 300w psu, and even takes up less power then a 6670 (which is quite a feat imo)
Score
0
April 14, 2012 2:04:33 AM

mouse24 said:
Well. just grab a 7750, it performs near a 6770 and costs 20 dollars more then a 6670 and you get double the performance. (note: we are only considering the DDR5 versions of the 6670 as the DDR3 versions are just not worth it)

plus it only requires a 300w psu, and even takes up less power then a 6670 (which is quite a feat imo)


His PSU isn't necessarily hindering him. and the 7750 is still overpriced because the low end 600 series isnt out yet.

Get the 4850 for a <75$ range, or a 5770/6770(they're essentially the same card)
Score
0
April 14, 2012 2:08:48 AM

wxyjac said:
With d3 nearing, I am looking for a decent graphic card to handle the job.

I looked through the recommendations, and Radeon HD 6670 seems quite cheap for getting the job done. (many tiers above the minimum requirement, and not far below the recommended requirement)


However, I want to check with others opinion first before rushing to buy this graphic card, and also some question in mind.

1. Would this graphic card fit in nicely with my build?
2. How long do you think I can stay with this graphic card before changing to a new one?

My computer specs are:
CPU: i5-2500K
PSU: CORSAIR CX 500 Builder Series V2
MOBO: ASRock Z68 Pro3-M 1155 MATX
RAM: CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dimm Kit
dvd player: samsung
hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 250 GB RPM 16 MB
Case: Antec 300

Not a game heavy person, so don't really need top tier graphic card. I am a diablo fan though which is why I want an upgrade to at least play the game.

Thanks in advance.



1. The 6670 would easily fit into your build... the i5 can't bottleneck any card with today's current hardware, and the CX500 can handle almost all single card solution. This means you could purchase any card 6970 and under.

2.The 6670 will last you on diablo as long as you want. but if you want to play diablo on higher settings, and want to play games in the future at higher settings, go with the 4850 or 5770/6770.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 2:16:51 AM

pjl21 said:
1. The 6670 would easily fit into your build... the i5 can't bottleneck any card with today's current hardware, and the CX500 can handle almost all single card solution. This means you could purchase any card 6970 and under.

2.The 6670 will last you on diablo as long as you want. but if you want to play diablo on higher settings, and want to play games in the future at higher settings, go with the 4850 or 5770/6770.



Don't get me wrong the 6670 is a nice card for budget oriented people but I think its time is done with now that the 7750 is out

And why not just grab a 7750 at the 110 price point? rather then a 6670 at the 90 dollar price point.

I mean I personally find the 7750 an over all better buy the the 6770/5770 since they are exactly the same price but the 7750 uses only 66w where as the 5770/6770 uses around 150w

(i'm not trying to get a flame war or bash anyone im just wondering why you chose what you did :)  )

Edit: woops the quotes confused me for a sec, now I see you were trying to steer him away from the 6670, my bad
Score
0

Best solution

a c 1411 U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 2:19:29 AM
Share
April 14, 2012 2:44:09 AM

mouse24 said:
Don't get me wrong the 6670 is a nice card for budget oriented people but I think its time is done with now that the 7750 is out

And why not just grab a 7750 at the 110 price point? rather then a 6670 at the 90 dollar price point.

I mean I personally find the 7750 an over all better buy the the 6770/5770 since they are exactly the same price but the 7750 uses only 66w where as the 5770/6770 uses around 150w

(i'm not trying to get a flame war or bash anyone im just wondering why you chose what you did :)  )

Edit: woops the quotes confused me for a sec, now I see you were trying to steer him away from the 6670, my bad


Haha it's fine ;)  ... yeah the 6770 can be 80$ w/rebate and by the looks of it his budget is right around there...
Score
0
April 15, 2012 7:23:01 PM

Best answer selected by wxyjac.
Score
0
April 15, 2012 7:24:03 PM

Thanks for the advices, I have decided to go with the one rolli59 suggested.
Score
0
a c 273 U Graphics card
April 15, 2012 7:39:43 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!