Sign in with
Your question

USB Joystick with Windows XP Mode

Last response: in Windows 7
January 17, 2010 3:32:36 PM

How to install an USB game controller in Windows XP Mode under Windows 7 64 Professional ?
January 18, 2010 5:22:31 PM

i would normally download the drivers and select on its properties-compatibility for windows xp service pack 2 or 3.
m
l
January 19, 2010 8:03:25 AM

Sorry, I do not catch what you have done. In the Windows XP Mode window, the only USB peripherals I see with the USB Button are the printer and the camera. I never succeed to get the game controller, which is correctly installed under Windows 7.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 19, 2010 8:41:57 AM

Remember that XP mode is NOT built for gaming. Thus it may not be possible to enable the game peripherals. (Not sure, i haven't tried it yet)

I assume you're doing this to play an old title that doesn't work in Windows 7. What game is it, pray tell? Have you tried the Compatibility wizard yet?
m
l
January 19, 2010 12:19:31 PM

Yes, it is for Combat Flight Simulator which I did not succeed to install under Windows 7 but can be under the Virtual PC XP Mode. It looks like working with keyboard, but there is no fun ...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 19, 2010 12:42:31 PM

Go to the Windows 7 Action Centre, and launch the Windows Program Compatibility Troubleshooter. This will check if the program is compatible with Win7, and will automatically pick the right settings to get it working.
m
l
!