First PC build

Aulona

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Hello everybody, I'm new to the community. I've decided to build my own PC, mainly to get some experience from building it, but also to personalize my own Desktop. After a couple of weeks of research, I've decided what motherboard, CPU, RAM and GC to buy:
CPU: AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz
Mobo: BIOSTAR TA990FXE AM3+ AMD 990FX
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
GC: XFX HD-685X-ZCFC Radeon HD 6850

Spending most of my budget for the aforementioned parts, I have to save on the rest!
What I'm looking is a Hard Drive, below 100$ value with no less than 32Mb of Cache, and for now I'm not planning on buying an SSD!
I dont know which case would suit for this kind of build, but surely not something above 70$, as cheap as possible on this one, but without limiting my multitasking and gaming needs!
The PSU: I plan to do some upgrades in the future if needed, such as crossfire another GC and/or adding 16 more Gb of RAM, which may require a 700-750W PSU, but I'm not sure for the exact power.
The same thing for the PSU, below 70$. I'm not looking for any brand name, just something that has proven to be reliable!
Also I've thought about buying an aftermarket Cooling fan for the CPU, as many have done the same same for the FX-8120, but yet I'm not in a rush of using all the power this CPU has got to offer, so I may wait a little...
So, to sum it up, I need:
Case
Hard Drive
PSU
Cooling Fan

Thank you!

tonync_01

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
This calculator can help you determine the power supply required for whatever build you decide on: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp .

From personal experience I can tell you the stock CPU fan works fine at stock clock or a small overclock as far as temperatures, but is really loud and I found it a bit annoying. I upgraded to a Coolermaster 212 Evo, and it is very quiet and keeps the CPU temp low with a good overclock.