Status
Not open for further replies.

andybaran

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
I have a XW4400 and am trying to get as much as out of it as I can. I also have an OEM 6770 and 5770. The motherboard uses the Intel 975x Chipset which, from what I understand, supports CrossFire. The computer is running Windows 7 64 bit perfectly fine with both cards installed or with either installed seperately. However, if I install the CrossFire bridge, Windows starts to boot and then I recieve the message:

Hardware malfunction 
Call your hardware vendor for support 
NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error 
The system has halted

As I've played games for a few hours with all combinations of the two cards installed I doubt that the issue is related to RAM installed in the system or either of the video cards themselves. I've also read this link but believe the poster to be wrong. It seems to be me that the HP article is simply stating that HP won't support the configuration in Windows Vista...not neccesarily that the motherboard doesn't support it. It's also worth mentioning that I've also installed an Antec 550W power supply to account for the power draw from two cards.

Help :)!!!

Thanks!

andybaran

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Yep that took some time to figure out but I have set the 6770 as the primary card and I still get the error message when I hook up the crossfire interconnect bridge cable thingy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.