Sign in with
Your question

Can\'t Find SLI Enabling In Control Panel...How to get SLI to work?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 14, 2012 2:51:19 AM

Hello, I recently purchased a second video card to pair up with the one already running in my machine. They are both 1GB EVGA GTX 460s on a Asus P5N-D SLI motherboard. I connected them with the SLI bridge and installed the new drivers for them, but when I check NVIDIA control panel there is no option for SLI. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Any help is appreciated, if I didnt mention anything else, please ask and I will answer. Thanks.
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 5:42:34 AM

Under 3D settings,(click on the '+' icon) there should be an option for SLi settings.
This should help you get a better idea.
m
l
April 14, 2012 2:47:51 PM

I figured out that I have different versions of the same card, so I have to get a new one to match. Thank you though.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 3:17:39 PM

rwb0376 said:
I figured out that I have different versions of the same card, so I have to get a new one to match. Thank you though.

I should have guessed that. But you did say they were both EVGA GTX 460 1GBs..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 3:37:12 PM

Yea, When dealing with SLI. Its recommended that they be exactly the same. But there is some differences you can deal with

What must be compatible:
Same about of VRAM
Same GPU
Depending on clocks, must be same clocks to lighten microstuttering

What doesn't matter for same sake:
Brand

So play your cards right... and you should up and SLI'ing in no time!
m
l
April 15, 2012 3:39:49 PM

Nvidia released different versions of the GTX 460. The old card I have is the original version. The new one I purchased is actually a scaled down GTX 560. When you look on the settings the card reads as GTX 460v2. They are unfortunately incompatible.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2012 4:01:20 AM

Yep, V2 doesn't SLi with a standard 1 Gig GTX 460.
m
l
!