Sign in with
Your question

Asrock extreme 4 vs sabertooth z77 discussion

Last response: in Systems
June 11, 2012 5:50:56 AM

For gaming I keep hearing that the Sabertooth z77 is over priced but I keep reading excelent reviews on it including the easy to use bios for OC. However, I also hear that the Asrock extreme 4 is just as good and a lot cheaper than the Sabertooth. Needless spending or is the Sabertooth worth it for the features and thermal armor?
June 11, 2012 6:05:35 AM

well, extreme 4 is amazing choice with decent feartures too.
m
l
June 11, 2012 6:52:55 AM

The ASRock is much better value indeed.
m
l
Related resources
June 11, 2012 9:14:04 AM

Gadget33 said:
For gaming I keep hearing that the Sabertooth z77 is over priced but I keep reading excelent reviews on it including the easy to use bios for OC. However, I also hear that the Asrock extreme 4 is just as good and a lot cheaper than the Sabertooth. Needless spending or is the Sabertooth worth it for the features and thermal armor?

Thermal armor is nothing more than a gimmick. With that said the extreme4 is a good choice for people on a budget that want the option to add a second vid card later on. If you have a large budget than it doesn't matter if your excessive with it, but for a lot of people here that $100 difference on the motherboard can make or break a build.
m
l
June 11, 2012 9:18:20 AM

sabertooth is a great board you can get the job done very well by a cheaper board.for me,Asus=Gigabyte>Asrock.
but in terms of price to performance ratio,Arock>Gigabyte>Asus.
it depends on your budget.
list your system specs,future upgrade plans and max budget.then i will let you know what you can do best.
m
l
June 11, 2012 11:52:28 AM

technically, the sabertooth board is a p8z77-v PRO boad that has this plastic shell. if you live in the states (i assume you are), the extreme4 is prety much the best bang for the buck. in you live say in canada, the z77x-ud3h will be the best buy
m
l
June 11, 2012 12:06:54 PM

^how do you know it's V-PRO?
m
l
June 11, 2012 12:12:36 PM

they have about the same features other than the thermal amour and the pci slot on the PRO
m
l
June 12, 2012 2:35:45 AM

well I plan on buying the following

cpu: i5 3570k
gpu: gtx 670 evga model
psu: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W

I plan to sli in the future and I also plan on OC the cpu to about 4.4 GHz
i just want the best performance for buck even if its not one of these
m
l
December 1, 2012 12:07:24 AM

Former army user. If you have heat or dust or heavy use, Sabertooth hands down. If cash is the issue, or you have the perfect environment, (Temperature humidity, shock etc) then Asrock isn your choice. Heat kills !
m
l
!