How to shut off the onboard ati 3200 to run a new gpu

bigcb003

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
Hello,
I just bought a XFX Radeon HD 6570 graphics card. My computer has an integrated radeon HD 3200 GPU. I have already put the new graphics card into my comp, but once I installed everything and checked the log it showed the 3200 was still running and I can't even pull up wow it says was unable to locate a graphics card check to see if its running in safe(VGA)mode..What is going on?

Solution

if you have the newer asus or gigbyte mb with the new eufi gui bios there a setting for video cards. it say default video outout igv /pcie/pci or ivg/pcie or pcie/ivg. when you change the sub menu. what you want is to change it to pci-e then ivg or just pci-e and nothing else.

if you have the newer asus or gigbyte mb with the new eufi gui bios there a setting for video cards. it say default video outout igv /pcie/pci or ivg/pcie or pcie/ivg. when you change the sub menu. what you want is to change it to pci-e then ivg or just pci-e and nothing else.

Solution

bigcb003

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
I figured it out! Just disabled the integrated graphics card and rebooted after updating driver and it finally recognized the 6500 series! Now I'm running 50-60+ FPS. Very pleased for the money I spent. Thanks for the help!