Sign in with
Your question

Anything to make my skyrim run faster?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 14, 2012 7:11:41 AM

Hey, im struggling to play skyrim, my performance is not that good its acceptable but i want it to be better, i need some help as i dont have a job yet and so i cant afford my own computer

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

AMD Phenom(tm)9750 Quad-Core
Processor
2.41 Ghz, 3.50 GB of RAM

More about : make skyrim run faster

April 14, 2012 7:25:41 AM

What graphics card?
April 14, 2012 7:47:01 AM

gary1 said:
What graphics card?

ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Related resources
April 14, 2012 7:56:40 AM

QuantumSyndicateHD said:
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

Thats rather weak card from ATI radeon
In my opinion overclocking GPU may help
Also buying a new card might be a solution but if you don't have any money then overclocking should give you few extra FPS if done correctly with AMD catalyst .
Btw i don't understand . Do you have 2 cards in crossfire ? Or you don't know which series you have ?
April 14, 2012 8:01:27 AM

Troglodite said:
Thats rather weak card from ATI radeon
In my opinion overclocking GPU may help
Also buying a new card might be a solution but if you don't have any money then overclocking should give you few extra FPS if done correctly with AMD catalyst .
Btw i don't understand . Do you have 2 cards in crossfire ? Or you don't know which series you have ?

thanks for the answer and i actually dont know what series i have im not good at knowing this kind of stuff.
April 14, 2012 8:07:33 AM

QuantumSyndicateHD said:
thanks for the answer and i actually dont know what series i have im not good at knowing this kind of stuff.

You should download program called GPUz i think
It is small . You run it and it shows you (usually) what kind of graphic card you have .
April 14, 2012 8:10:35 AM

Troglodite said:
You should download program called GPUz i think
It is small . You run it and it shows you (usually) what kind of graphic card you have .

cool thanks. also what graphics card would you recommend, i want something thats new and works perfectly but that isnt to expensive?
April 14, 2012 8:20:32 AM

ATI radeon HD 6670 should run it fine for an average price, but that also depends on your psu too?
April 14, 2012 8:24:23 AM

furry87 said:
ATI radeon HD 6670 should run it fine for an average price, but that also depends on your psu too?

thanks ill remember that later,since ive got to work out why when i launch skyrim that at the menu theres a big red diamond with a exclamation mark there on the screen.
April 14, 2012 8:25:29 AM

That exclamation mark usually means missing texture or model, probably corrupted game data.
I don't know of patch that can correct this, for this doesnť look like error in the game code, but error in your installation, so you would have to find the textures and models of ALL missing objects and replace them manually.

Easiest way should be reinstalling the game. If the problem isn't in your copy of the game itself, it should help you
April 14, 2012 8:28:10 AM

furry87 said:
That exclamation mark usually means missing texture or model, probably corrupted game data.
I don't know of patch that can correct this, for this doesnť look like error in the game code, but error in your installation, so you would have to find the textures and models of ALL missing objects and replace them manually.

Easiest way should be reinstalling the game. If the problem isn't in your copy of the game itself, it should help you

thanks for that.
April 14, 2012 8:28:56 AM

QuantumSyndicateHD said:
cool thanks. also what graphics card would you recommend, i want something thats new and works perfectly but that isnt to expensive?

Perhaps you should get 5770/50 if you can find one . But 6670 is good too .
April 14, 2012 8:33:58 AM

Troglodite said:
Perhaps you should get 5770/50 if you can find one . But 6670 is good too .

thanks.
April 14, 2012 12:10:09 PM

Play at a lower resolution and lowers the Graphics quality settings. And like a few other people said OC your GPU and that should give you a small boost.
!