Change default Save As location

When saving documents such as Word or WordPerfect, Windows' default location
is My Documents. Can that default location be changed to another folder?
Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about change default save location

    In news:BE0C4F94-705A-444B-BC8F-5620263724AE@microsoft.com,
    waldo <waldo@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

    > When saving documents such as Word or WordPerfect, Windows'
    > default
    > location is My Documents. Can that default location be changed
    > another folder? Thanks.

    Either program remembers the last location you saved in, and that
    becomes the default.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    "=?Utf-8?B?d2FsZG8=?=" <waldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

    > When saving documents such as Word or WordPerfect, Windows' default
    > location is My Documents. Can that default location be changed to
    > another folder? Thanks.

    For most programs, the default save location is controlled by the program
    itself, so you would have to change settings in each program individually.
    Word and Wordperfect both have settings to control the default save
    location.

    For programs that use the common Windows control for selecting files, there
    may be a possibility of customizing the "places bar" and adding your
    desired location there? TweakUI lets you do this, for example.

    You can also move "My Documents" somewhere else than its default location.
    I personally prefer this for a number of reasons. To do this, right-click
    on "My Documents", select Properties, then Move.

    Thanks, I went into each program and used Tools to change each one to where I
    wanted the files to be saved.

    For MS Word:
    Change the default working folder
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052386651033.aspx

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "waldo" <waldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When saving documents such as Word or WordPerfect, Windows' default
    > location
    > is My Documents. Can that default location be changed to another folder?
    > Thanks.

Configuration Default My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP