Change default Save As location

February 1, 2005 11:47:03 AM

When saving documents such as Word or WordPerfect, Windows' default location
is My Documents. Can that default location be changed to another folder?
Thanks.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 5:38:39 PM

In news:BE0C4F94-705A-444B-BC8F-5620263724AE@microsoft.com,
waldo <waldo@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> When saving documents such as Word or WordPerfect, Windows'
> default
> location is My Documents. Can that default location be changed
> another folder? Thanks.

Either program remembers the last location you saved in, and that
becomes the default.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 8:53:55 PM

"=?Utf-8?B?d2FsZG8=?=" <waldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> When saving documents such as Word or WordPerfect, Windows' default
> location is My Documents. Can that default location be changed to
> another folder? Thanks.

For most programs, the default save location is controlled by the program
itself, so you would have to change settings in each program individually.
Word and Wordperfect both have settings to control the default save
location.

For programs that use the common Windows control for selecting files, there
may be a possibility of customizing the "places bar" and adding your
desired location there? TweakUI lets you do this, for example.

You can also move "My Documents" somewhere else than its default location.
I personally prefer this for a number of reasons. To do this, right-click
on "My Documents", select Properties, then Move.
Related resources
February 1, 2005 8:53:56 PM

Thanks, I went into each program and used Tools to change each one to where I
wanted the files to be saved.
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 2:05:00 AM

For MS Word: