Camera Magazine?

Hi All,
Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC Magazine
to computers.
Paul
14 answers Last reply
More about camera magazine

    You don't say how experienced you are, but Peterson's "Photographic" is
    now laid out in a series of how-to articles which I find helpful, even
    when I don't 100% agree with them.

    Kitt wrote:
    > You don't say how experienced you are, but Peterson's "Photographic" is
    > now laid out in a series of how-to articles which I find helpful, even
    > when I don't 100% agree with them.
    >

    > Paul Schilter wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >> Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC Magazine
    >>to computers.
    >>Paul

    Kitt,
    Thanks, I'll give them a try as well. I'm sort of a magazine junkie
    anyway. :-)
    Paul

    "Paul Schilter" <paulschilter@nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC Magazine to
    > computers.
    > Paul

    Yes

    Anna Daptor wrote:
    > "Paul Schilter" <paulschilter@nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC Magazine to
    >>computers.
    >>Paul
    >

    > Yes

    Anna,
    So which one would you recommend?
    Paul

    Paul Schilter wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC
    > Magazine to computers.
    > Paul

    Somehow I wound up with a free subscription to Outdoor Photographer.
    It's a lot more interesting than I would have guessed initially.

    "Robert Barr" <not@for.harvest> wrote in message
    > Paul Schilter wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > > Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC
    > > Magazine to computers.
    > > Paul
    >
    > Somehow I wound up with a free subscription to Outdoor Photographer.
    > It's a lot more interesting than I would have guessed initially.

    I second that, Outdoor photographer kicks ass. For nature/landscape
    photography at least.
    --
    www.harryphotos.com

    which area of photography you are interested in ?
    the talks for the gadgets involved or the technique for the photo ?

    Anyway you could try Popular photography first .. its a good magazine.

    =bob=

    [BnH] wrote:
    > which area of photography you are interested in ?
    > the talks for the gadgets involved or the technique for the photo ?
    >
    > Anyway you could try Popular photography first .. its a good magazine.
    >
    > =bob=
    >
    > "Paul Schilter" <paulschilter@nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC Magazine to
    >>computers.
    >>Paul

    Bob,
    Well a little of both. Always nice to read about the latest and to pick
    up new techniques. I'll check out Popular Photography, thanks.
    Paul

    Another thought is to do what I do. I get Peterson's and Shutterbug at
    home which keeps me busy in the "library", then about once a week we
    visit Borders for a cup of coffee, when I read all the rest (or at
    least skim them). The only ones I've ever had a problem with are the
    British mags, and that's only because the prices are in pounds and I'm
    too stupid to convert them. Even when you do, it's still not very
    relevant to prices here in the US. The down side is that you can't
    have a weakness for books or you'll end up spending hundreds a year on
    bargain books that you'll never read, not to mention how expensive
    bookcases are. ;o)

    Paul Schilter wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC
    > Magazine to computers.
    > Paul

    Personally I like Petersons Photography. They cover both film and
    digital- I find them better than any that are digital-only. Most of the
    later are basically just advertising. About all they do is review the
    latest hardware, and of course it is always the greatest :-) Petersons
    has a lot of photography tutorials.

    Dirty Harry wrote:
    > "Robert Barr" <not@for.harvest> wrote in message
    >
    >>Paul Schilter wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi All,
    >>> Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC
    >>>Magazine to computers.
    >>>Paul
    >>
    >>Somehow I wound up with a free subscription to Outdoor Photographer.
    >>It's a lot more interesting than I would have guessed initially.
    >

    > I second that, Outdoor photographer kicks ass. For nature/landscape
    > photography at least.
    > --
    > www.harryphotos.com

    My wife subscribes to both Outdoor Photography and Petersons. While I
    generally prefer the Peterson's, Outdoor is still a very good how-to
    mag. Again, but of the two now include substantial content on digital.

    In article <osKdnZfl7M9OA3_fRVn-og@comcast.com>,
    Paul Schilter <paulschilter@nospamcomcast.net> wrote:

    > Hi All,
    > Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC Magazine
    > to computers.
    > Paul

    There are several photography magazines. Any good book store should have
    a few different photography magazines. One of the better photography
    magazines, in my opinion is "Popular Photography" which can be found at
    any decent magazine seller.

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:47:32 -0400, Paul Schilter
    <paulschilter@nospamcomcast.net> wrote:

    >Hi All,
    > Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC Magazine
    >to computers.
    >Paul

    I would suggest, "Aperture". Training the eye is more important than
    the technology.

    http://www.aperture.org/store/magazines.aspx

    "A nice man is a man of nasty ideas."

    _Introductions to History of the Reformation_
    Jonathan Swift
    1667-1745

    John A. Stovall wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:47:32 -0400, Paul Schilter
    > <paulschilter@nospamcomcast.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi All,
    >> Is there a good camera magazine? Sort of like PC World or PC Magazine
    >>to computers.
    >>Paul
    >

    > I would suggest, "Aperture". Training the eye is more important than
    > the technology.
    >
    > http://www.aperture.org/store/magazines.aspx

    > "A nice man is a man of nasty ideas."
    >
    > _Introductions to History of the Reformation_
    > Jonathan Swift
    > 1667-1745

    John,
    Thanks, I bookmarked the location.