CPU Fan Running at Max RPM

A few weeks ago, my stock Intel CPU fan started running at max RPM all the time. I thought maybe the fan itself may have had it since it's about 3 years old, so I replaced it with a new one.

New fan: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CC7117EP01-Performance-LGA1156-LGA1155/dp/B005J2IS3U/ref=pd_rhf_pe_p_t_2

Even after replacing the stock one for this, I'm still having a problem with the fan running at max RPM. Looking at SpeedFan, it runs at almost 3300 RPM. I really don't know what to do now, or what's causing this. I've checked the BIOS and reset the settings to default, but it's not changed a thing. All help appreciated!

PC: Packard Bell ixtreme M5722
7 answers Last reply
More about running
  1. Check your bios. There should be an option for cpu fan speed. Also, what are your temperatures like?
  2. Are the CPU temps within normal bounds?
  3. The CPU temperatures range from 46-49 Deg. Celsius. I expect that is pretty hot for CPU? What are 'normal' temperatures for CPUs?
  4. cl-scott said:
    Are the CPU temps within normal bounds?

The CPU temperatures range from 46-49 Deg. Celsius. I expect that is pretty hot for CPU? What are 'normal' temperatures for CPUs?
  5. LeeShawBrown said:
    The CPU temperatures range from 46-49 Deg. Celsius. I expect that is pretty hot for CPU? What are 'normal' temperatures for CPUs?

That is ok, but sounds a little hot for idle. Have you tried to dust the heat sink?
  6. wanderer11 said:
    That is ok, but sounds a little hot for idle. Have you tried to dust the heat sink?

It's brand new, It most certainly shouldn't need dusting... Any other ideas?
  7. Looks like I'll have to live with it...
Ask a new question

Read More

Fan CPUs Components