How to overclock my CPU?

samer sami

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
hey guys i have seen that many people were talking about overclocking a CPU..... :eek:

so i wanna know that how to overclock my CPU? :sweat:

if it is needed my CPU specs are:

intel core i3 540@ 3.07 GHz

windows 7 ultimate 64bit service pack 1

6GB ddr3 RAM

sapphire radeon HD 5450 1GB ddr3

i dunno how to know detailed specs about my computer
does anyone knows a software :bounce:

please say me..... :(

and thanks. :D

other thoughts:
-You posted this on the wrong section, you suppose to post this thread here

-If you have an OEM Computer (like dell, hp, gateway, etc) I made a thread before on how to overclock it's CPU check it out

-If you build this computer, Go to google/yahoo/youtube and search 'how to overclock CPU on BIOS'

-Lastly, as Bigmack says, this CPU won't OC well.

samer sami

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012

as you said my i3 cannot over clock say me how to do for an i7 so that i will check in my computer in the same way by which i may get the location

and do u know any software that says about my computer detailed specs?

at how much cost have u got ur graphics card?

terryd75

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
I suggest that you do some research on the actual benefits of over clocking......In my opinion, it simply isn't worth it to over clock. it's a lot of trouble if you don't do it correctly. It can be very time consuming and frustrating, trying to figure out just how far you can go, b4 you've gone too far. You'll end up with BSODs and at the very least you'll create heat issues...... It creates the need for better cpu coolers and heat sinks, etc. Why not just buy a good CPU that will give you the power you need, without over clocking? And, like I said in the beginning.... do your research and you'll see that yes, you do end up with more power and speed, etc, etc....But what was the actual benefit to this? Was your game any faster? I bet not. And, even if it were, it wouldn't be by much, and you'd need benchmarking software to measure it. You wouldn't be able to notice the difference without benchmarking it. Simply not worth it..... just my opinion here guys.......Some of you love to over clock. I say more power to you! Do whatever you feel you want to. I am not saying that o one sould ever over clcok. I am simply stating my opinion that I think it isn't worth the risk.

Soda88

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
If you want best s1156 overclocker at a decent price, then get i5 760 (above mentioned 655K is only dual core which is lackluster nowadays), it overclocks from 2,8 to 4GHz with no issues if you got remotely decent cooler.

Why overclock you ask? Because I personally got 50% extra performance (from 2,8 to 4,2, finally settling for 4,0GHz) for extra $50 that I had to pay for better cooler while keeping the CPU at lower temps on full load compared to stock clock with stock cooler.