Ludzik

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hello, I am new to this and I am not sure if I am posting it in the right place, but could you advise me if the rig I found is good value for money. I will use it for student work, gaming and some 3d modelling.

So rig I plan to build has

- Intel i5 3450
- Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
- Coolermaster CM690 II White with 600W Silent Pro Gold PSU
- MSI HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card
- Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB Cache
- LiteOn iHAS124 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black with Nero Essentials
- Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V unbuffered
- TP-Link 300mbps Wireless N Pci Express Adapter

My budget is very strict and this build is at the limit and I would like to know if this is good computer to build for the money. I will buy it and build it within next month. Thank for help in advise.

Looks OK, you only need around 400-450W for the PSU as well. I know that's a bundle but you could get a cheaper case to save cash as well. Something like the Antec 300 and the Corsair CX-430 430W would be good, you can get both for $100.

Ludzik

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Thanks for the fast reply. Will 450W-400W be enough for this GPU? I am new to this. Also is it worth paying more to get modular PSU other than non-modular?

400W would be more than fine for that setup assuming it's a quality PSU. I'd stick to names like Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, XFX, PC Power and Cooling. OCZ and Coolermaster can be good as well but some of their lower end models can be a bit questionable. One of the reasons for sticking to those brands is that Seasonic make most of them (especially the higher end ones) and they are then rebranded. This is a good thing as Seasonic PSU's are top notch.

In a standard build like this you don't really need modular cables but if you like to have a tidy system, you could spend the extra if you want. It's up to you.

Ludzik

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Is Corsair CX 430W would be enough for that build? As I don't really mind the neatness of the system and as I got strict budget I would prefer non-modular to save up some money. Also is this CPU good or would you recommend diffrent 1?

Yeah the CX-430 is fine for that setup. Also that CPU is great for gaming, good choice. If you want to save more cash you could go for a H77 motherboard instead of Z77, you pretty much just lose out on overclocking and that CPU can't overclock anyway. Also, 1600Mhz RAM is usually around the same price as 1333Mhz, I'd probably go for that too.