Zotac GTX 560 (non ti) or Radeon 6850?

Hi, i'm getting a budget gaming rig built and I was wondering which of these to get, I've compared benchmarks and specs, however I still can't decide. If I get the 6850 then I can afford some better ram with the money I save (£22.50)
17 answers Last reply
More about zotac radeon 6850
  1. GTX 560 would be faster. I think you better get that, because in my opinion the get the best you can get. But, if you can get a better RAM by buying the 6850, what RAM is that? and what RAM are you getting when not buying the 6850?
  2. Well if I get the 560 then it will just be standard 1333MHz 4gb ram but if I get the 6850 then it will be corsair vengeance (either 4gb/8gb)
  3. I don't think better RAM will make big difference, Me personally would go for the 560.
  4. I think i'm going to take your advice and choose the 560, however I also want to ask another question, which of these systems do you think I should go for?
    Option 1
    CPU: i5 2500 (3.3GHz x 4) with standard cooler
    GPU: Zotac GTX 560
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX
    RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Storage: 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

or

Option 2

CPU: i5 2400 (stock heatsink/fan)
    RAM: 4gb corsair vengeance 1600MHz
    everything else is the same as Option 1
  5. What about the PSU? The most important part?
  6. The PSU makes no budget difference and doesn't affect gaming performance, plus I know that my PSU is fine so I don't need advice on changing it. Thanks for the answer recon
  7. it's Xigmatek
  8. 80+ certified 500w, don't know the exact model though comes with free platinum warranty on dinoPC.com
  9. Yea your all good to go. 500 should power the 560, just don't go to extreme with your build
  10. Take note that more memory will always be better than faster memory.
  11. thanks for all the advice and suggestions guys, I have a pretty good case which comes with 4 120mm fans as standard (1 on the side, 1 on the front, 1 on at the back and 1 on the top) so I'm hopefully going to be doing some GPU overclocking, any advice on that?
  12. GPU overclocking is easy, use MSI afterburner and use some stability testing, whatever it is, such as MSI kombustor, 3DMark, etc.

You should be good man.
  13. nevertell said:
    Take note that more memory will always be better than faster memory.

Not true. It depends on the situation, but those scenarios won't affect him here.

4GB of RAM is ideal on a budget.
  14. ok thanks for the advice guys.
  15. The 500W DinoPC Xigmatek PSU?

Think you might be interested in watching this video...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmsIBK7_sxY&feature=player_embedded
    The PSU exploded.

http://****/wp/2011/07/01/xigmatek-no-rules-power-nrp-vc503-500w/
  16. refillable said:
    I don't think better RAM will make big difference, Me personally would go for the 560.

Hi refillable,i want to buy a water cooler for gpu and my budget is 50 or 40 £ and my gpu is zotac GTX 560 . so plz help
  17. Haha, this is three months later, but I decided to purchase the geforce gtx 560 over the 6850 too. Just got mine yesterday I am yet to try it out. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Zotac Radeon Graphics