remove floating time screen saver from 6230

Hi I have a 6230 with screen savers turned off, and time out set to
the max.

But still I get the "time out" clocks floating around after a few minutes of
inactivity.

I hate them, you can not see the signal strength etc.

Any ideas how to get rid of them. Thanks Tim
3 answers Last reply
More about remove floating time screen saver 6230

    "news tpg" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hi I have a 6230 with screen savers turned off, and time out set
    > the max.
    >
    > But still I get the "time out" clocks floating around after a few minutes
    of
    > inactivity.
    >
    > I hate them, you can not see the signal strength etc.
    >
    > Any ideas how to get rid of them. Thanks Tim

    You can't. They're designed to reduce the screen's drain on the battery to
    a minimum.

    --
    >>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
    >>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:19:03 GMT, "Richard Colton"
    <webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:

    >You can't. They're designed to reduce the screen's drain on the battery to
    >a minimum.

    Yes, it's one or the other, and personally I would rather have a phone
    without a flat battery than see the signal strength all the time.
    --
    Munch

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:26:51 +1000, news tpg wrote:

    > Hi I have a 6230 with screen savers turned off, and time out set to
    > the max.
    >
    > But still I get the "time out" clocks floating around after a few minutes of
    > inactivity.
    >
    > I hate them, you can not see the signal strength etc.
    >
    > Any ideas how to get rid of them. Thanks Tim

    You don't.

    You want a phone which shows the signal strength, service, etc. all the
    time ? Then get something which has NOT got a colour screen.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg