remove floating time screen saver from 6230

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
June 16, 2004 1:26:51 AM

Hi I have a 6230 with screen savers turned off, and time out set to
the max.

But still I get the "time out" clocks floating around after a few minutes of
inactivity.

I hate them, you can not see the signal strength etc.

Any ideas how to get rid of them. Thanks Tim
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 1:26:52 AM

"news tpg" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi I have a 6230 with screen savers turned off, and time out set
> the max.
>
> But still I get the "time out" clocks floating around after a few minutes
of
> inactivity.
>
> I hate them, you can not see the signal strength etc.
>
> Any ideas how to get rid of them. Thanks Tim

You can't. They're designed to reduce the screen's drain on the battery to
a minimum.

--
>>> Unlock Your Phone's Potential <<<
>>> http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk <<<
June 16, 2004 1:26:53 AM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:19:03 GMT, "Richard Colton"
<webmaster@NOSPAMuselessinfo.org.uk> wrote:

>You can't. They're designed to reduce the screen's drain on the battery to
>a minimum.

Yes, it's one or the other, and personally I would rather have a phone
without a flat battery than see the signal strength all the time.
--
Munch
Anonymous

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:26:51 +1000, news tpg wrote:

> Hi I have a 6230 with screen savers turned off, and time out set to
> the max.
>
> But still I get the "time out" clocks floating around after a few minutes of
> inactivity.
>
> I hate them, you can not see the signal strength etc.
>
> Any ideas how to get rid of them. Thanks Tim

You don't.

You want a phone which shows the signal strength, service, etc. all the
time ? Then get something which has NOT got a colour screen.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg