Closed Solved

GTS 450 with BF3?

Hello everyone of the forums. I have a question. My friend is looking into buying a graphics card for his computer to play battlefield 3 on and I have decided to help him pick the best card for the best value. One of the cards I have found is a GTS 450 from EVGA and it seems like a good deal, but what i want to know is if the card can run the game and what settings you think it will run it at 60FPS.

Thank You!
21 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. GTS 450 and BF3 = FAIL and no it wont play not even close to 60fps well 800x600 on med/low settings with no AA/AF then ya 60fps but to be honest there is much better options out there for the money by the way whats the budget ?
  2. What resolution? At low settings:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-3-graphics-performance,3063-4.html

GTS 450 is on par with 9800 GTX.

He'll need to spend more cash if he wants 60 fps. What's his budget?

Also, I'd suggest considering radeon cards, since BF3 seem to biased towards them a bit more.
  3. how much are you paying because the 450 and 550ti are about same brand new. teh 550 ti is nice with higher clocks but they about the same.
  4. Step it up to 150-160, and grab a 6870. It'll SMASH the 450.
  5. hes planing on paying a good 140. I found the GTX 560 SE a little bit ago. Do you think this is good?
  6. GTX 560 SE is decent choice, however, I'd still go with AMD if his primary concern is BF3.
  7. Sunius said:
    GTX 560 SE is decent choice, however, I'd still go with AMD if his primary concern is BF3.

Is the 560 SE "SLOW EDITION" a good option I think not being it is an way overpriced die shrunk GTX 460
  8. It is the best nvidia choice for that price point, what are you trying to achieve? I already said it wouldn't be wise going with it if all he plays is BF3, but if he plays some other games, it's worth looking in to, because, frankly, it is faster than GTX 460.
  9. Well it's mainly going to BF3 and maybe some other games. Yet in the end it might be a GTX 460 now that I might choose for him.
  10. Best answer
    I'd strongly advice going with HD 6850. It's faster for battlefield 3.
  11. I will probably end up going with the 6850. Even though in my opinion Nvidia seems to be the better choice, I'm just trying to get the best deal in the end. Thank you everyone!
  12. Best answer selected by MrKopaka1016.
  13. Sunius said:
    It is the best nvidia choice for that price point, what are you trying to achieve? I already said it wouldn't be wise going with it if all he plays is BF3, but if he plays some other games, it's worth looking in to, because, frankly, it is faster than GTX 460.

What the hell you be smokin? pancakes?

The gtx 460 is faster than the 560 SE by about 5%

PROOF

You might wanna consider gtx 460 v2 it's faster than the gtx 460 256 bit (stock) and the hd 6850 (stock)
  14. Sunius said:
    It is the best nvidia choice for that price point, what are you trying to achieve? I already said it wouldn't be wise going with it if all he plays is BF3, but if he plays some other games, it's worth looking in to, because, frankly, it is faster than GTX 460.

Yes the GTX 560 should be faster than a GTX 460 after all it is an Overclocked GTX 460 with a die shrink.
  15. Plasmid said:
    What the hell you be smokin? pancakes?

The gtx 460 is faster than the 560 SE by about 5%

PROOF

You might wanna consider gtx 460 v2 it's faster than the gtx 460 256 bit (stock) and the hd 6850 (stock)

Next time maybe post a link IN ENGLISH because the GTX 560 is an Overclocked GTX 460 they are the same cards so naturally the overclocked one will perform slightly better.
  16. actually his proof does post, you can even see the numbers and just use translate to see it in english and problem solved
  17. MMO Fan said:
    Yes the GTX 560 should be faster than a GTX 460 after all it is an Overclocked GTX 460 with a die shrink.

You is trolling ? gtx 560 is a die shrink of a gtx 460? you is a retard brah.

GTX 460 is 40 nm and so is the gtx 560.
  18. Plasmid said:
    You is trolling ? gtx 560 is a die shrink of a gtx 460? you is a retard brah.

GTX 460 is 40 nm and so is the gtx 560.

Well my apologies rather the GTX 460 and GTX 560 are then the exactly same card and functionally IDENTICAL thanx for pointing that out for me.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-amp-edition-gtx-560-directcu-ii-top,2944.html
  19. MrKopaka1016 said:
    Hello everyone of the forums. I have a question. My friend is looking into buying a graphics card for his computer to play battlefield 3 on and I have decided to help him pick the best card for the best value. One of the cards I have found is a GTS 450 from EVGA and it seems like a good deal, but what i want to know is if the card can run the game and what settings you think it will run it at 60FPS.

Thank You!

that game need at least a gtx 560 or hd6870.
  20. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Battlefield Graphics Cards Graphics Product