CM HAF 912 or DIYPC Adventurer-9601G

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
October 11, 2012 1:28:54 AM

Hello everyone. I use this site all the time for help, but I think I finally found a something not already addressed here. I'm building a new gaming PC and have everything picked out except the case. I was pretty set on the CM HAF 912, but then I saw today that newegg has a combo deal for $40 off when you buy the asrock z77 extreme4 MB with the DIYPC Adventurer-9601G case. I was already going to buy the extreme4, so now I'm wondering which of these two cases to buy. Problem is, there are no reviews for the DIYPC so I really don't know if it's a good quality case at all. It has some nice features that the HAF 912 doesn't (USB 3.0, side window, black interior, case fan controls, more stock fans, it's GREEN!!!), but I don't know how good the airflow is or what quality fans it has. I want it to be as quiet as possible. Also, the DIYPC website won't load, so that's a little sketchy. So, any advice/opinions/experience you guys have would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Link to DIYPC case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Planned build:
Core i5 3570k with CM Hyper 212+
Asrock z77 Extreme4 MB
8GB Corsair Vengeance low profile memory
Samsung 830 Series 128GB SSD
Geforce GTX 550 ti (from current PC)
OCZ ModXStream 600W PS (also from current PC)

More about : haf 912 diypc adventurer 9601g

a c 433 ) Power supply
October 13, 2012 12:46:36 AM

I don't have any experience with the DIYPC case, but a lot of times those combo deals are in order to get rid of one of the items that don't sell well. Or maybe just stock they are trying to clear. I can, however, vouch for the HAF 912 being a very good quality case for the money.
a b ) Power supply
October 13, 2012 1:24:28 AM

I think you should get the HAF 912, it's cheaper and has a great build quality but as clutchc says maybe the DIYPC is not a best selling case.
You can get the NZXT Tempest 410, good quality, USB 3.0, massive airflow and excellent cable management, and looks kinda cool.
October 13, 2012 6:33:28 PM

I did end up going with the HAF 912. I couldn't get myself to buy a case i didn't know anything about just because it looked cooler. Plus, I had already bought a CM Megaflow fan for the 912 :) .