Sign in with
Your question

CM HAF 912 or DIYPC Adventurer-9601G

Last response: in Components
October 11, 2012 1:28:54 AM

Hello everyone. I use this site all the time for help, but I think I finally found a something not already addressed here. I'm building a new gaming PC and have everything picked out except the case. I was pretty set on the CM HAF 912, but then I saw today that newegg has a combo deal for $40 off when you buy the asrock z77 extreme4 MB with the DIYPC Adventurer-9601G case. I was already going to buy the extreme4, so now I'm wondering which of these two cases to buy. Problem is, there are no reviews for the DIYPC so I really don't know if it's a good quality case at all. It has some nice features that the HAF 912 doesn't (USB 3.0, side window, black interior, case fan controls, more stock fans, it's GREEN!!!), but I don't know how good the airflow is or what quality fans it has. I want it to be as quiet as possible. Also, the DIYPC website won't load, so that's a little sketchy. So, any advice/opinions/experience you guys have would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: Link to DIYPC case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Planned build:
Core i5 3570k with CM Hyper 212+
Asrock z77 Extreme4 MB
8GB Corsair Vengeance low profile memory
Samsung 830 Series 128GB SSD
Geforce GTX 550 ti (from current PC)
OCZ ModXStream 600W PS (also from current PC)
a c 150 ) Power supply
October 13, 2012 12:46:36 AM

I don't have any experience with the DIYPC case, but a lot of times those combo deals are in order to get rid of one of the items that don't sell well. Or maybe just stock they are trying to clear. I can, however, vouch for the HAF 912 being a very good quality case for the money.
a b ) Power supply
October 13, 2012 1:24:28 AM

I think you should get the HAF 912, it's cheaper and has a great build quality but as clutchc says maybe the DIYPC is not a best selling case.
You can get the NZXT Tempest 410, good quality, USB 3.0, massive airflow and excellent cable management, and looks kinda cool.
October 13, 2012 6:33:28 PM

I did end up going with the HAF 912. I couldn't get myself to buy a case i didn't know anything about just because it looked cooler. Plus, I had already bought a CM Megaflow fan for the 912 :) .
!