Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card won't boot

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 14, 2012 7:11:44 PM

About 3 weeks ago i put up 2 LCDs one on integrated graphic card, and the other one on my HD 5670 2GB, and it worked perfectly. But when i didn't use the computer for a couple of days the graphic card didn't show up on BIOS nor in Windows. So I removed the graphic card and put it back in, i removed the CMOS battery and put it back in and nothing. Also i read somewhere that at ATI graphic cards the fan will be at 100% when the system boots up and then slow down to normal, but the fan on my graphic card is always at 100%. Also when i booted up the PC drivers from Floppy suddenly started to install, but i don't have a floppy drive. Please help.
Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate
4 GB of DDR2 RAM
G31 Chipset

More about : graphic card boot

April 14, 2012 7:32:23 PM

Go ahead and list your power supply specifications, please. Do you have another graphics card you can use or borrow?
a b U Graphics card
April 14, 2012 7:42:59 PM

I'm surprised it worked at all. Usually once you plug in a PCIe graphics card, it will disable the onboard GPU.
Related resources
April 14, 2012 8:38:40 PM

I found a fix around that in BIOS you need to select that the onboard VGA is always on, hope i Helped now can someone help me
April 14, 2012 8:39:33 PM

xunicronx said:
Go ahead and list your power supply specifications, please. Do you have another graphics card you can use or borrow?

I think I got a 400 W PSU, and i got an old Nvidia MX4 I think ;) 
April 14, 2012 8:43:25 PM

coastie65 said:
I'm surprised it worked at all. Usually once you plug in a PCIe graphics card, it will disable the onboard GPU.

I found a fix around that in BIOS you need to select that the onboard VGA is always on, hope i Helped now can someone help me
!