Graphic card won't boot

About 3 weeks ago i put up 2 LCDs one on integrated graphic card, and the other one on my HD 5670 2GB, and it worked perfectly. But when i didn't use the computer for a couple of days the graphic card didn't show up on BIOS nor in Windows. So I removed the graphic card and put it back in, i removed the CMOS battery and put it back in and nothing. Also i read somewhere that at ATI graphic cards the fan will be at 100% when the system boots up and then slow down to normal, but the fan on my graphic card is always at 100%. Also when i booted up the PC drivers from Floppy suddenly started to install, but i don't have a floppy drive. Please help.
Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate
4 GB of DDR2 RAM
G31 Chipset
5 answers Last reply
More about graphic card boot
  1. Go ahead and list your power supply specifications, please. Do you have another graphics card you can use or borrow?
  2. I'm surprised it worked at all. Usually once you plug in a PCIe graphics card, it will disable the onboard GPU.
  3. I found a fix around that in BIOS you need to select that the onboard VGA is always on, hope i Helped now can someone help me
  4. xunicronx said:
    Go ahead and list your power supply specifications, please. Do you have another graphics card you can use or borrow?

I think I got a 400 W PSU, and i got an old Nvidia MX4 I think ;)
  5. coastie65 said:
    I'm surprised it worked at all. Usually once you plug in a PCIe graphics card, it will disable the onboard GPU.

I found a fix around that in BIOS you need to select that the onboard VGA is always on, hope i Helped now can someone help me
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Graphics