95watt vs 125watt cpu OC

Would a 95watt lets say x6 1045t OC farther than a 125watt 1055t as the less heat produced? Same cooling as a zalman cnps 9900. As i have the 1055t and a buddy is getting the 1045t. Since they can only be overclocked from the fsb would the less heat produced allow for a farther OC?

Solution
95w vs 125w is a function of the speed and voltage each chip comes from the factory with.

Once you start overclcocking, all bets are off and those two numbers mean nothing.

If you had two X6 chips that ran at the same speed and one was rated at a lower wattage than the other, the lower wattage chip could be "better binned" than the higher wattage chip. (Meaning it may require less voltage to stabilize at the factory clock)

But don't read too much into it. All chips are different. I was able to undervolt my 1045t by a pretty big margin up to 3.4 GHz. But then it hit a wall. Getting to 3.5 took a big voltage boost to the point it wasn't worth it.

Some other X6 chips may not be able to undervolt the way my 1045t did up to 3.4Ghz, but...

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
95w vs 125w is a function of the speed and voltage each chip comes from the factory with.

Once you start overclcocking, all bets are off and those two numbers mean nothing.

If you had two X6 chips that ran at the same speed and one was rated at a lower wattage than the other, the lower wattage chip could be "better binned" than the higher wattage chip. (Meaning it may require less voltage to stabilize at the factory clock)

But don't read too much into it. All chips are different. I was able to undervolt my 1045t by a pretty big margin up to 3.4 GHz. But then it hit a wall. Getting to 3.5 took a big voltage boost to the point it wasn't worth it.

Some other X6 chips may not be able to undervolt the way my 1045t did up to 3.4Ghz, but then they can get to 4Ghz with less voltage than it took me to stabilize 3.5Ghz.

Solution