Sign in with
Your question

100$ soundcard with 10$ headset

Last response: in Components
October 11, 2012 4:34:39 AM

i'm having creative hs-390 headset for 10$ .it says it's best for gaming so if i add a asus xonar sound card will be able to notice a very good sound quality?

More about : 100 soundcard headset

October 11, 2012 12:04:07 PM

Depends on the quality of the headset.
October 11, 2012 12:50:53 PM

i very much think a 410 headset will be any good, like buys a thousand dolla amp and puting 100 speaker on it/
Related resources
October 11, 2012 1:04:01 PM

You're better off buying $100 headphones, and upgrading to a sound card later.
October 11, 2012 1:14:31 PM

figgyfosta said:

Exactly.

You will get WAY more bang for your buck by purchasing a quality set of headphones.

A sound card is not going to have much affect on on a $10 pair of headphones. But if you had say a $100 or $200 pair of headphones, the soundcard would most likely have a noticeable increase in quality.

(I currently use my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones, along with a Mixamp Pro, and a $10 Zalman mic for gaming. I have yet to invest in a soundcard since the sound quality from the DT 770's are already awesome using the onboard audio.)
October 11, 2012 6:21:20 PM

figgyfosta said:

I strongly disagree. Using even a decent set of headphones (Grado 60i/80i come to mind) without a soundcard is significantly degrading the headphones capabilities.
October 11, 2012 6:55:19 PM

gamerk316 said:
I strongly disagree. Using even a decent set of headphones (Grado 60i/80i come to mind) without a soundcard is significantly degrading the headphones capabilities.

I agree to an extent.

Yes, you are not using the headphones to their full capacity. (Depending on how nice of a pair of headphones you get, your computer (onboard audio) won't even be able to drive them without an amp)

But

Even using them with the onboard audio, you are still getting better sound quality than a $10 headphone+a soundcard could produce. (The $10 are a crippling bottleneck for quality).

Just my opinion.

Here are a few posts from others that agree.
(Warning. I could not find any threads with any graphs or numbers showing difference. These are just others opinions too)

October 12, 2012 12:50:41 PM

sardonicjester said:
I agree to an extent.

Yes, you are not using the headphones to their full capacity. (Depending on how nice of a pair of headphones you get, your computer (onboard audio) won't even be able to drive them without an amp)

But

Even using them with the onboard audio, you are still getting better sound quality than a $10 headphone+a soundcard could produce. (The $10 are a crippling bottleneck for quality).

Just my opinion.

Here are a few posts from others that agree.
(Warning. I could not find any threads with any graphs or numbers showing difference. These are just others opinions too)

so pls suggest a budget headset for both music and gaming
October 12, 2012 1:39:00 PM

It is hard to say.

Depends on what your budget is, what style of headphones you like, etc.

From reviews: if you want a decent headset that is pretty good with music.

Astro A30 (comes with MixAmp)

I don't particularly care for most headsets. They are not as balanced. I prefer headphones with a cheap clip on mic. The mic usually sounds better and the quality of a nice pair of headphones can't be beat by a gaming headset.

Here is a pretty long guide that I used when I picked up my DT770's.
(The reviewer likes these but says they are a little bassy for gaming. They are a little bassy for FPS, but I use them for music more often. So the balance is worth it to me)

Headphone guide

and here is the mic I use.

Cheap, works great, and people say it sounds better on their end than my old Turtle beach headset that I used to use.

$7 mic
October 12, 2012 1:59:13 PM

sardonicjester said:
It is hard to say.

Depends on what your budget is, what style of headphones you like, etc.

From reviews: if you want a decent headset that is pretty good with music.

Astro A30 (comes with MixAmp)

I don't particularly care for most headsets. They are not as balanced. I prefer headphones with a cheap clip on mic. The mic usually sounds better and the quality of a nice pair of headphones can't be beat by a gaming headset.

Here is a pretty long guide that I used when I picked up my DT770's.
(The reviewer likes these but says they are a little bassy for gaming. They are a little bassy for FPS, but I use them for music more often. So the balance is worth it to me)

Headphone guide

and here is the mic I use.

Cheap, works great, and people say it sounds better on their end than my old Turtle beach headset that I used to use.

$7 mic
actually i'm using this one Creative Headset HS - 390 it's fine for me
October 12, 2012 6:43:16 PM

Get a budget headphone and use a clip on mic.
October 13, 2012 11:52:26 AM

gamerk316 said:
Get a budget headphone and use a clip on mic.

i don't want to use a mic i want it attached with my headphone .here is my soundcard http://www.deltapage.com/products/Asus-Sound-Card-Xonar... it costs 30$ so i want a good headset at or below this price or can i use my own existing creative hs-390 because it says it's built for gaming
October 16, 2012 2:02:04 PM

figgyfosta said:

+1 the $10 cans/$100 soundcard brings the picture of an elephant on a tricycle to my mind :ouch:  :lol:  :heink: 
October 20, 2012 3:57:04 AM

batuchka said:
+1 the $10 cans/$100 soundcard brings the picture of an elephant on a tricycle to my mind :ouch:  :lol:  :heink: 

100$ headset is way too much for my budget i can spend only 25-50$ on my headset pls suggest in that price range
October 25, 2012 4:32:59 AM

Get a GTX690 because who cares about sound mang
October 25, 2012 9:52:06 PM

cgner said:
Get a GTX690 because who cares about sound mang

LOL

that is all.
October 25, 2012 11:35:36 PM

:) 
!