100$ soundcard with 10$ headset

i'm having creative hs-390 headset for 10$ .it says it's best for gaming so if i add a asus xonar sound card will be able to notice a very good sound quality?
20 answers Last reply
More about soundcard headset
  1. Depends on the quality of the headset.
  2. i very much think a 410 headset will be any good, like buys a thousand dolla amp and puting 100 speaker on it/
  3. You're better off buying $100 headphones, and upgrading to a sound card later.
  4. figgyfosta said:
    You're better off buying $100 headphones, and upgrading to a sound card later.


    Exactly.

    You will get WAY more bang for your buck by purchasing a quality set of headphones.

    A sound card is not going to have much affect on on a $10 pair of headphones. But if you had say a $100 or $200 pair of headphones, the soundcard would most likely have a noticeable increase in quality.

    (I currently use my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones, along with a Mixamp Pro, and a $10 Zalman mic for gaming. I have yet to invest in a soundcard since the sound quality from the DT 770's are already awesome using the onboard audio.)
  5. figgyfosta said:
    You're better off buying $100 headphones, and upgrading to a sound card later.


    I strongly disagree. Using even a decent set of headphones (Grado 60i/80i come to mind) without a soundcard is significantly degrading the headphones capabilities.
  6. gamerk316 said:
    I strongly disagree. Using even a decent set of headphones (Grado 60i/80i come to mind) without a soundcard is significantly degrading the headphones capabilities.


    I agree to an extent.

    Yes, you are not using the headphones to their full capacity. (Depending on how nice of a pair of headphones you get, your computer (onboard audio) won't even be able to drive them without an amp)

    But

    Even using them with the onboard audio, you are still getting better sound quality than a $10 headphone+a soundcard could produce. (The $10 are a crippling bottleneck for quality).

    Just my opinion.

    Here are a few posts from others that agree.
    (Warning. I could not find any threads with any graphs or numbers showing difference. These are just others opinions too)

    1

    2

    3
  7. sardonicjester said:
    I agree to an extent.

    Yes, you are not using the headphones to their full capacity. (Depending on how nice of a pair of headphones you get, your computer (onboard audio) won't even be able to drive them without an amp)

    But

    Even using them with the onboard audio, you are still getting better sound quality than a $10 headphone+a soundcard could produce. (The $10 are a crippling bottleneck for quality).

    Just my opinion.

    Here are a few posts from others that agree.
    (Warning. I could not find any threads with any graphs or numbers showing difference. These are just others opinions too)

    1

    2

    3

    so pls suggest a budget headset for both music and gaming
  8. It is hard to say.

    Depends on what your budget is, what style of headphones you like, etc.

    From reviews: if you want a decent headset that is pretty good with music.

    Astro A30 (comes with MixAmp)

    I don't particularly care for most headsets. They are not as balanced. I prefer headphones with a cheap clip on mic. The mic usually sounds better and the quality of a nice pair of headphones can't be beat by a gaming headset.

    Here is a pretty long guide that I used when I picked up my DT770's.
    (The reviewer likes these but says they are a little bassy for gaming. They are a little bassy for FPS, but I use them for music more often. So the balance is worth it to me)

    Headphone guide

    and here is the mic I use.

    Cheap, works great, and people say it sounds better on their end than my old Turtle beach headset that I used to use.

    $7 mic
  9. sardonicjester said:
    It is hard to say.

    Depends on what your budget is, what style of headphones you like, etc.

    From reviews: if you want a decent headset that is pretty good with music.

    Astro A30 (comes with MixAmp)

    I don't particularly care for most headsets. They are not as balanced. I prefer headphones with a cheap clip on mic. The mic usually sounds better and the quality of a nice pair of headphones can't be beat by a gaming headset.

    Here is a pretty long guide that I used when I picked up my DT770's.
    (The reviewer likes these but says they are a little bassy for gaming. They are a little bassy for FPS, but I use them for music more often. So the balance is worth it to me)

    Headphone guide

    and here is the mic I use.

    Cheap, works great, and people say it sounds better on their end than my old Turtle beach headset that I used to use.

    $7 mic
    actually i'm using this one Creative Headset HS - 390 it's fine for me
  10. gamerk316 said:

    i need a headset of 50$
  11. Get a budget headphone and use a clip on mic.
  12. gamerk316 said:
    Get a budget headphone and use a clip on mic.

    i don't want to use a mic i want it attached with my headphone .here is my soundcard http://www.deltapage.com/products/Asus-Sound-Card-Xonar-DG-PCI.html it costs 30$ so i want a good headset at or below this price or can i use my own existing creative hs-390 because it says it's built for gaming
  13. figgyfosta said:
    You're better off buying $100 headphones, and upgrading to a sound card later.


    +1 the $10 cans/$100 soundcard brings the picture of an elephant on a tricycle to my mind :ouch: :lol: :heink:
  14. batuchka said:
    +1 the $10 cans/$100 soundcard brings the picture of an elephant on a tricycle to my mind :ouch: :lol: :heink:

    100$ headset is way too much for my budget i can spend only 25-50$ on my headset pls suggest in that price range
  15. batuchka said:

    i'm living in asia so amazon is not available in my area .refer this site www.flipkart.com
  16. Get a GTX690 because who cares about sound mang
  17. cgner said:
    Get a GTX690 because who cares about sound mang


    LOL

    that is all.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Gaming Headsets Creative Components