Please Help a little one =)

paula0191

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hi guys I don't really know where to start but i have a Dell Vostro 200 mini tower. I have never used this computer for a long time and want to max it out for gaming for someone. I want to know where to start i suppose? I can honestly say i am clueless where to start.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic
Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PAULINE-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Vostro 200
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.0.16, 9/20/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
User Name pauline-PC\pauline
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) Not Available
Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 864 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4.23 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.25 GB
Page File Space 2.29 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Would love any help! Like i say i am rubbish at comps and more focused on nights out with the girls haha! Please help me!

I know everything needs done but where to start? and what parts are good... Graphics .. Fan ... Motherboard... ECT! Yhank you x

paula0191

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Ok My budget is not decided yet but the game is World Of Warcraft! .. It actually runs fine on here now. But i want to upgradde the computer to give to a friend. My budget is about 1 part at a time ... Building it up so i would say .. what part do you want me to budget? I don't have a full budget i'm sorry! But how bout the graphics to start?

I'll go BOUT 50 gbp Or is that not poss? If need i will go to 70 GBP. Although i would prefer cheaper... as it's not even 4 me =) haha!

Thank you for the reply =)

paula0191

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
No I want to upgrade everything! ... But really i think the fan needs done first to be honest. Seems to be no power from it! (cooler fan) But like i said i dunno ... =)

So you basically want to build a new PC in the old case while keeping the hard drive and the DVD drive? :)

As I said, if you gave me a total budget I might be able to pick the best solution for you. Or, well, just tell me how much you want to spend for individual parts.

Also, what do you mean there's no power from the fan? It doesn't spin?

paula0191

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Like i said I want to upgrade EVERYTHING poss in the computer>> Just Not sure what i need to start with and where to go after that? How can i upgrade the fan? it seems to be welded on the Motherboard?

paula0191

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Yes my fan spins... But there doesn't seem to be much power from it? I could stick my fnger in and it would stop!

paula0191

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
And Im willing to go 50 -70 GBP on Graphics cars (prefer lower)
I want a new prossesor... Not sure on prices
I want a new Motherboard ..Again not sure on prices
I want a new fan.. round 30 gbp
I want what ever is needed with in a decent price... Single mother on a very basic income!!! Haha =)

Actually that's what would happen with all the fans :lol:

Nothing is welded. Where do you start hmm. Well, check this site out:
http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/parts/partlist/

basically it contains all the categories that are requires to have the PC running (except for CPU cooler, as those usually come bundled with the processors). Without a budget I cannot really recommend you exact parts, but the first step to upgrading is to choose the parts.

Second step is to buy them.

Third step is to install them :).

Let me make you a preview part list.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G630 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor (£47.56 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-VS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£37.40 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory (£19.68 @ Scan.co.uk)
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£47.96 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 6770 1GB Video Card (£70.40 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 335 Upgraded ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.87 @ Scan.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair 430W ATX12V Power Supply (£35.99 @ Novatech)
Optical Drive: Sony DDU1681S-0B DVD/CD Drive (£11.86 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £303.72
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-06-11 20:29 BST+0100)

That would actually be a whole PC. As you said you would like to upgrade everything, so I included everything :). Just wasn't sure whether you needed Windows, so I did not include that.