Is my CPU damaged?

Solution
Pay close attention to your thermal paste, note the condition when you replace your cooler. It should have been spread evenly across the surface of the CPU, if your cooler is of the push-pin variety it may have mated incorrectly surface-to-surface. Use quality paste like Arctic Silver and apply evenly to clean CPU surface. (I use a 12mm strip of plastic from an old Credit card...)
Pay close attention to your thermal paste, note the condition when you replace your cooler. It should have been spread evenly across the surface of the CPU, if your cooler is of the push-pin variety it may have mated incorrectly surface-to-surface. Use quality paste like Arctic Silver and apply evenly to clean CPU surface. (I use a 12mm strip of plastic from an old Credit card...)

Solution

unclewebb

Sep 11, 2007
LOG means that core reached the thermal throttling temperature and the CPU logged that internally. When you reboot, this data is cleared from the CPU. If RealTemp says HOT, that means thermal throttling is in progress. Glad to hear your new cooler is working out for you. I am planning to buy one of those too.

RamjoTejada

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

Go buy one my friend. I assure you you'll never regret it! Get the dual fan version! ITS REALLY WORTH IT :)

TRENDING THREADS