Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is my CPU damaged?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
October 11, 2012 5:42:11 AM

What does "LOG" mean in RealTemp 3.07 program. Is my CPU permanently damaged?

I've reached 100degrees celcius in my Core temperatures.

More about : cpu damaged

October 11, 2012 5:59:59 AM

I'm not too sure what "LOG" is but that temperature is way way too hot, and probably has damaged your chip.
October 11, 2012 6:06:48 AM

Thanks for your reply, im buying Hyper 212 Evo later for my CPU, i am hoping this will cool down my CPU significantly.
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
October 11, 2012 6:30:34 AM

Pay close attention to your thermal paste, note the condition when you replace your cooler. It should have been spread evenly across the surface of the CPU, if your cooler is of the push-pin variety it may have mated incorrectly surface-to-surface. Use quality paste like Arctic Silver and apply evenly to clean CPU surface. (I use a 12mm strip of plastic from an old Credit card...)
a c 184 à CPUs
October 11, 2012 6:41:19 AM

It would have shut your system off.

a b à CPUs
October 11, 2012 6:59:37 AM

amuffin said:
It would have shut your system off.

Hopefully before it did any damage!
a b à CPUs
October 11, 2012 4:04:03 PM

LOG means that core reached the thermal throttling temperature and the CPU logged that internally. When you reboot, this data is cleared from the CPU. If RealTemp says HOT, that means thermal throttling is in progress. Glad to hear your new cooler is working out for you. I am planning to buy one of those too.
October 11, 2012 4:15:46 PM

unclewebb said:
LOG means that core reached the thermal throttling temperature and the CPU logged that internally. When you reboot, this data is cleared from the CPU. If RealTemp says HOT, that means thermal throttling is in progress. Glad to hear your new cooler is working out for you. I am planning to buy one of those too.

Go buy one my friend. I assure you you'll never regret it! Get the dual fan version! ITS REALLY WORTH IT :) 
October 12, 2012 2:38:27 AM

Best answer selected by RamjoTejada.
!