Bad FPS

AustinA

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I recently bought a http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/349245-33-upgrading-graphics-card with a 550W power supply that was recommended to me on this forum, both of them actually. This thing runs Skyrim on Ultra with no hiccups, anything. Perfect.

BUT, when I try Ultra settings in WoW I only get 40-50 FPS, and even with that the screen will freeze every few seconds, maybe 10-20 intervals, kind of like it hiccups. I don't understand how it can run Skyrim but not WoW, I thought
Skyrim was a more demanding game to begin with?

EDIT : I tried OC'ing the clocks to 1000 core and 1300 memory clock, made a 10-20 FPS difference

AustinA

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I use recount, healbot, tidyplates, somtimes and Auctionhouse addon. My friend had a 6870 or somthing like that and he runs 100+ on Ultra. His is also Oc'd would OC'd mine help at all? A noticeable effect anyway

What? that would only apply to apus. and again... WHAT?

Also it worth noting WoW is crapware and should be immediately unistalled. It consumes a huge amour of your life resource then spits you out alone and pathetic.(LOL sorry couldn't help Myself)

AustinA

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
@ swifty, how do I do that? And here are my specs.
AMD A6-3650
Cores 4 Core Speed 2599.9 MHz
8.00 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-A75M-D2H (Socket M2)
ZORAN TV (1920x1080@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series--- 7850
977GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)

AustinA

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I am downloading the drivers, the card came witht he sapphire disc and I installed w/e was on that.. maybe it didnt atually work though, we'll see. IS that a normal FPS for WoW?

AustinA

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I am now getting 100 FPS after instaling that on Ultra, with resolution maxed. I also disabled ALL addons though.

This is also while idling in wow around no major city, alone, without combat or using spells.

you need to hit the del key on boot up. this will bring you to the BIOS.......... READ the booklet that came with your mother board. ALL the information is there. Take your time and don't let it overwhelm you. Not as hard as you might think. If not sure don't touch anything. Just read and look around. ( you are looking for Hybrid Crossfire/disable it........ and you are looking for anything related to enabling/disabling on board video/disable ) then I think you need to hit F10 and then enter to save. That information should be at the bottom of the screen in the BIOS or in the booklet.

READ 10 times before you do anything. Hit the delete key and just look around the BIOS....... you don't have to change anything just look to get familiar.

also, the "on board video/disable"........ you can also select "auto" or pci-e or peg......... not familiar with thaT BOARDS bios.... YOU HAVE TO LOOK.

^agree. usually. LOL. sometimes they make a mistake and you need to roll back. sounds like you are good though?

Edit: meant to point to e56imfg. taylor_swift_Morgan makes zero sense. he's whining about stuff that does not matter. crossfire (which is called dual graphics with apus) is controlled by the drivers

The addons were probably your problem, if you're running @ 100 fps without them. Of course, they will always reduce your fps by 40%-50% or so, but if you update them you could minimize that number. Also, being in the city will break your fps a lot. I'm personally getting around 40 fps at peek hours on my GTX 560 Ti.

AustinA

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I also sometimes get these faint white lines that run across my screen when wow is open, kind of like static white lines, but they aren't noticeable until you actually look