Computer turning off randomly

iiSyNTaX

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Hey guys really need someone's help here

My system shuts off randomly, it seems like its going into hibernation but pushing any buttons does nothing. The system seems "on" but the programs and im guessing the OS get completely shut off and i have to reset my computer by turning off the power supply then on again.

I recently changed from Intel to an AMD CPU and MB (this isn't a which is better, ive got no complains about AMD) It might be a coincidence that ever since i changed over from Intel this has been happening or it could be that something is wrong with software/hardware. Its not an overheating issue, my system is around 40c the whole time and it doesn't get really hot then go out, its like someone is switching the power off but the system is still going. Personally i think its either that the memory might not be compatible or im getting power spikes from my PSU. If there is a way that i could test the memory or PSU, please tell.

If there is anyone that can help please do, and if you need more information please ask.

darren0000

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
you have just changed from intel to amd so your hdd will be configured to work with intel, i think the controler maybe different, id suggest you blast the hdd clean, reinstall windows again, im positive it will work. let me know what happens?

iiSyNTaX

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
On another note, the system might be shutting down because of high temperatures. Those are very high idle temps.

Those temps were while running WoW or something, not idle, sorry i didnt say that.

you have just changed from intel to amd so your hdd will be configured to work with intel, i think the controler maybe different, id suggest you blast the hdd clean, reinstall windows again, im positive it will work. let me know what happens?

that sucks, really dont want to do that again but i guess I will. Ill let you guys know what happens later today

iiSyNTaX

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Ok i've re installed windows and so far everything is good, it could never go 3 days without turning off so ill tell you guys how it goes in 3 days, otherwise everything is running just fine. Thank you for the help.