Solved

GTX 570 decreased memory?

I've been playing GTA IV on my gtx 570 ever since I got it. When I go to the graphics settings, it usually tells me I have 1240MB of video memory. But recently, it changed to 1225MB. Is this a common problem? What has occurred?

P.S. I have updated to nvidia's latest beta driver (301), not sure if that's the case because I haven't checked right before.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about decreased memory
  1. only 15MB is not a big deal today.
  2. Okay, but there must be a slight problem. And i would like to know what it is...
  3. I think it's usual, except you get some performance drops.
  4. Best answer
    Same issue here on my GTX 470. It's more likely the drivers.

I'm using 301.42, I've noticed this memory drop in GTA 4 in the last few drivers aswell.

System information in NCP also reports 1279MB. I have also noticed a quite a big performance drop in GTA 4 aswell.

It seems that whenever the memory usage goes into the red it runs a bit poo even if there is enough memory, since evga precision reports only 1100mb being used.

BF3, Stalker COP with complete mod and The witcher 2 still use up to 1264MB.

So it's not really much of a big deal. Report it on Nvidia forums under Beta Driver Feedback. I'll go do the same.
  5. Best answer selected by Yozer34.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Memory Graphics