Computer Build for Gaming and Programming

I'm a noob to computer build this is my first time and I want a pretty decent PC for gaming and programming I'm planning on getting this Case for the PC, 
NZXT Phantom Full Tower Chassis ATX Case White 
I got this from Frys, but I only have Frys as my Computer store. I checked the whole thing out but what I'm afraid of is that when I buy the other parts for the Computer build it won't go withe the OS, I've looked at what I'm building I will all the things I will be using. This is difficult for me because I'm the only person that knows alot about computers at my house.

Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower Chassis ATX Case White

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 AMD 990FX AM3+ Motherboard

Hardrives will be bought later which internal hardrive do I need now and Moniter

The power supply I don't how many Watts I need to power the thing

And I want it to run on Windows or Linux OS but I'd prefer Windows and is there anything wrong or missing in the computer build by that I just mean what will be going inside the Case.
14 answers Last reply
More about computer build gaming programming
  1. You need to pick out CPU,RAM, and GPU. Power supply is always what you cant slump on. Are you needing help picking those out ?
  2. Yes, Which ones are good for this build?
  3. abCasPeRR said:
    You need to pick out CPU,RAM, and GPU. Power supply is always what you cant slump on. Are you needing help picking those out ?

Which ones are good for this Build
  4. Well luckily you picked a AMD motherboard and I love AMD. What are you willing to spend so I know what to recommend ?
  5. abCasPeRR said:
    Well luckily you picked a AMD motherboard and I love AMD. What are you willing to spend so I know what to recommend ?

$750-$1000
  6. Equals about 550-600 I'm guessing with tax and all
  7. abCasPeRR said:
    Equals about 550-600 I'm guessing with tax and all

Thanks for your help cool cat :), now to the computer I go.
  8. I also bought this to for cpu cooler. Best CPU cooler on the market besides liquid cooling http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
  9. No. The ram is the best ive ever used the the Phenom processor is the black edition so its unlocked to Overclock. I have mine OC'd to 4.2 stable with the cooler I sent you as well. Good luck!

NightHawk411 said:
    Thanks for your help cool cat :), now to the computer I go.
  10. Thanks man you answered my questions and gave me awesome advice, You have have my thumbs up if there was an option for that :)
  11. Np man good luck on the build!
  12. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Proximon
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Cases Computer Programming Systems Product