Sign in with
Your question

Computer Build for Gaming and Programming

Last response: in Systems
June 11, 2012 8:39:31 PM

I'm a noob to computer build this is my first time and I want a pretty decent PC for gaming and programming I'm planning on getting this Case for the PC, 
NZXT Phantom Full Tower Chassis ATX Case White 
I got this from Frys, but I only have Frys as my Computer store. I checked the whole thing out but what I'm afraid of is that when I buy the other parts for the Computer build it won't go withe the OS, I've looked at what I'm building I will all the things I will be using. This is difficult for me because I'm the only person that knows alot about computers at my house.

Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower Chassis ATX Case White

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 AMD 990FX AM3+ Motherboard

Hardrives will be bought later which internal hardrive do I need now and Moniter

The power supply I don't how many Watts I need to power the thing

And I want it to run on Windows or Linux OS but I'd prefer Windows and is there anything wrong or missing in the computer build by that I just mean what will be going inside the Case.
June 11, 2012 8:45:11 PM

You need to pick out CPU,RAM, and GPU. Power supply is always what you cant slump on. Are you needing help picking those out ?
June 11, 2012 8:49:08 PM

Yes, Which ones are good for this build?
Related resources
June 11, 2012 8:54:53 PM

abCasPeRR said:
You need to pick out CPU,RAM, and GPU. Power supply is always what you cant slump on. Are you needing help picking those out ?

Which ones are good for this Build
June 11, 2012 8:55:51 PM

Well luckily you picked a AMD motherboard and I love AMD. What are you willing to spend so I know what to recommend ?
June 11, 2012 8:57:55 PM

abCasPeRR said:
Well luckily you picked a AMD motherboard and I love AMD. What are you willing to spend so I know what to recommend ?

$750-$1000
June 11, 2012 9:09:30 PM

Equals about 550-600 I'm guessing with tax and all
June 11, 2012 9:11:33 PM

abCasPeRR said:
Equals about 550-600 I'm guessing with tax and all

Thanks for your help cool cat :) , now to the computer I go.
June 11, 2012 9:14:02 PM

No. The ram is the best ive ever used the the Phenom processor is the black edition so its unlocked to Overclock. I have mine OC'd to 4.2 stable with the cooler I sent you as well. Good luck!

NightHawk411 said:
Thanks for your help cool cat :) , now to the computer I go.

June 11, 2012 9:16:53 PM

Thanks man you answered my questions and gave me awesome advice, You have have my thumbs up if there was an option for that :) 
June 11, 2012 9:20:01 PM

Np man good luck on the build!
a b 4 Gaming
June 11, 2012 9:28:55 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Proximon
!