6230 back cover

Hello
Been trying for a while now to get the back cover off my 6230...but
it won't budge!

When I initially put it on, i click it down as apposed to sliding it on, but
the fit looks perfect, no dumps or gaps.

Any tips?

Are they usually hard to get off?
--
Darren
http://www.wirelesswales.net

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:50:39 +0100, ":: Dazza ::" <Dazza@'net.com>
    wrote:

    >Hello
    > Been trying for a while now to get the back cover off my 6230...but
    >it won't budge!
    >
    >When I initially put it on, i click it down as apposed to sliding it on, but
    >the fit looks perfect, no dumps or gaps.
    >
    >Any tips?
    >
    >Are they usually hard to get off?

    I have heard they are hard to get off, so don't think yours is any
    different? Try a bit more muscle! :-)
    --
    Munch

    ":: Dazza ::" <Dazza@'net.com> wrote in message news:can9a7$8oo$1@linux01.dannytuppeny.com...
    > Hello
    > Been trying for a while now to get the back cover off my 6230...
    > but it won't budge!
    >
    > When I initially put it on, i click it down as apposed to sliding it on,
    > but the fit looks perfect, no dumps or gaps.
    >
    > Any tips?
    >
    > Are they usually hard to get off?

    If you're worried about pressing too hard, try sticking a piece of
    tape (like duct tape) to the back cover and then pulling down on
    that as you press on whatever you're supposed to press on.

    use ur nails at the edges, VERY hard to get off. It will get easier in time
    though. Remember to push the tab down at the same time.

    Munch wrote:

    > I have heard they are hard to get off, so don't think yours is any
    > different? Try a bit more muscle! :-)

    I've found my own way of doing it now, press button with right thumb, then
    pull the cover using left-thumb nail on the ridge of the camera bit

    --
    Darren
    http://www.wirelesswales.net

    the duct tape would come off seriously this was the hardest nokia i've had
    yet to get the back cover off.

    This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
    back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.

    Any other tips. Areall 6230s like this. Or do I have a jammed one.

    I have already scratched the back tab button badly and the edges of the
    phone. This is a serious design flaw.

    THe whole thing looks like Its going to break when I apply a llot of
    force.

    --
    jackbus1234
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t125338.html

    "jackbus1234" <jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    message news:jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

    > This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
    > back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.
    >
    > Any other tips. Areall 6230s like this. Or do I have a jammed one.
    >
    > I have already scratched the back tab button badly and the edges of the
    > phone. This is a serious design flaw.
    >
    > THe whole thing looks like Its going to break when I apply a llot of
    > force.

    I must have a faulty one then cos mine is fine, absolutley no problems at
    all.

    Dont suppose it could be you thats doing it wrong????

    Steve

    On 2004-07-24, jackbus1234 wrote:
    > This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove
    > the back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.

    i agree, it's a pain. but it's doable. i usually hold it with the
    screen side down and the longer side going away from me. then i use
    the index fingers against the main body at the closer (narrow) edge
    and one of the thumbs to press the button, the other to pull the
    cover on the far edge.

    i've gotten good at it. send your phone over... :)

    "jackbus1234" <jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    message news:jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

    > This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
    > back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.
    >
    > Any other tips. Areall 6230s like this. Or do I have a jammed one.
    >
    > I have already scratched the back tab button badly and the edges of the
    > phone. This is a serious design flaw.
    >
    > THe whole thing looks like Its going to break when I apply a llot of
    > force.
    >

    > --
    > jackbus1234

    And another person invalidates their warranty!!

    Couple of things

    1, The cover slides up towards the top, and not down.
    2, When the cover is released, the botton stays on the cover
    3, Below the button, on the phone, is a flat piece of sring netal
    sticking up. This stopd the back from sliding up. When you push the
    tab in, you are depressing the steel spring so id doesnt catch on the
    bottom lip of the back cover

    Button

    |--==---------------------------| <- back cover

    Spring

    |--\-----------------------------|
    |--------------------------------| <-- phone

    When button is pushed, spring is depressed so doesnt catch cover
    bottom. Slide cover to right (up)

    Hope ya can work it out

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:55:05 -0500, jackbus1234
    <jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

    >This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
    >back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.
    >
    >Any other tips. Areall 6230s like this. Or do I have a jammed one.
    >
    >I have already scratched the back tab button badly and the edges of the
    >phone. This is a serious design flaw.
    >
    >THe whole thing looks like Its going to break when I apply a llot of
    >force.

    Regards,

    Moby

    Alan Stuart downunder in Perth, Oz
    Email: moby@NOSPAM.AND.EGGS.aircraftmail.com

    Homepage: http://www.moby58.com
    Local Weather: http://www.moby58.com/wx
    Stuff for sale: http://www.moby58.com/forsale

    * Remove NOSPAM.AND.EGGS. from email address for replies.

    And just to try and stop spammers:
    tosspam@aol.com, abuse@aol.com, abuse@yahoo.com, abuse@hotmail.com,
    abuse@msn.com, abuse@sprint.com, abuse@earthlink.com, uce@ftc.gov,
    spamcop@spamcop.net

    Making life REAL hard for spammers with:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~shades2/spamtrap.html

    To reply, remove the obvious.
    "Nospam" <nospam@please.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "jackbus1234" <jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    > message news:jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...
    > >
    > > This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
    > > back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.

    <snip>

    Mate, I work in a phone shop and (when they are in stock) still find them a
    pain to demonstrate.

    --
    All the best,

    Easy

    Quintessential Nokia
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mrwalker/index.htm

    Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes.

Nokia