6230 back cover

Tags:
  • Nokia
Last response: in Brands
June 15, 2004 9:50:39 PM

Hello
Been trying for a while now to get the back cover off my 6230...but
it won't budge!

When I initially put it on, i click it down as apposed to sliding it on, but
the fit looks perfect, no dumps or gaps.

Any tips?

Are they usually hard to get off?
--
Darren
http://www.wirelesswales.net

More about : 6230 back cover

June 15, 2004 11:31:27 PM

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:50:39 +0100, ":: Dazza ::" <Dazza@'net.com>
wrote:

>Hello
> Been trying for a while now to get the back cover off my 6230...but
>it won't budge!
>
>When I initially put it on, i click it down as apposed to sliding it on, but
>the fit looks perfect, no dumps or gaps.
>
>Any tips?
>
>Are they usually hard to get off?

I have heard they are hard to get off, so don't think yours is any
different? Try a bit more muscle! :-)
--
Munch
Anonymous

":: Dazza ::" <Dazza@'net.com> wrote in message news:can9a7$8oo$1@linux01.dannytuppeny.com...
> Hello
> Been trying for a while now to get the back cover off my 6230...
> but it won't budge!
>
> When I initially put it on, i click it down as apposed to sliding it on,
> but the fit looks perfect, no dumps or gaps.
>
> Any tips?
>
> Are they usually hard to get off?

If you're worried about pressing too hard, try sticking a piece of
tape (like duct tape) to the back cover and then pulling down on
that as you press on whatever you're supposed to press on.
Related resources
June 16, 2004 5:09:42 AM

use ur nails at the edges, VERY hard to get off. It will get easier in time
though. Remember to push the tab down at the same time.
Anonymous
June 16, 2004 4:10:05 PM

Munch wrote:

> I have heard they are hard to get off, so don't think yours is any
> different? Try a bit more muscle! :-)

I've found my own way of doing it now, press button with right thumb, then
pull the cover using left-thumb nail on the ridge of the camera bit

--
Darren
http://www.wirelesswales.net

the duct tape would come off seriously this was the hardest nokia i've had
yet to get the back cover off.
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 5:55:05 AM

This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.

Any other tips. Areall 6230s like this. Or do I have a jammed one.

I have already scratched the back tab button badly and the edges of the
phone. This is a serious design flaw.

THe whole thing looks like Its going to break when I apply a llot of
force.

--
jackbus1234
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t125338.html

"jackbus1234" <jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
message news:jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

> This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
> back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.
>
> Any other tips. Areall 6230s like this. Or do I have a jammed one.
>
> I have already scratched the back tab button badly and the edges of the
> phone. This is a serious design flaw.
>
> THe whole thing looks like Its going to break when I apply a llot of
> force.

I must have a faulty one then cos mine is fine, absolutley no problems at
all.

Dont suppose it could be you thats doing it wrong????

Steve
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 2:08:25 PM

On 2004-07-24, jackbus1234 wrote:
> This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove
> the back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.

i agree, it's a pain. but it's doable. i usually hold it with the
screen side down and the longer side going away from me. then i use
the index fingers against the main body at the closer (narrow) edge
and one of the thumbs to press the button, the other to pull the
cover on the far edge.

i've gotten good at it. send your phone over... :)
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 2:11:09 PM

"jackbus1234" <jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
message news:jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...

> This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
> back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.
>
> Any other tips. Areall 6230s like this. Or do I have a jammed one.
>
> I have already scratched the back tab button badly and the edges of the
> phone. This is a serious design flaw.
>
> THe whole thing looks like Its going to break when I apply a llot of
> force.
>

> --
> jackbus1234

And another person invalidates their warranty!!
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 8:20:27 PM

Couple of things

1, The cover slides up towards the top, and not down.
2, When the cover is released, the botton stays on the cover
3, Below the button, on the phone, is a flat piece of sring netal
sticking up. This stopd the back from sliding up. When you push the
tab in, you are depressing the steel spring so id doesnt catch on the
bottom lip of the back cover

Button

|--==---------------------------| <- back cover

Spring

|--\-----------------------------|
|--------------------------------| <-- phone

When button is pushed, spring is depressed so doesnt catch cover
bottom. Slide cover to right (up)

Hope ya can work it out

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:55:05 -0500, jackbus1234
<jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
>back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.
>
>Any other tips. Areall 6230s like this. Or do I have a jammed one.
>
>I have already scratched the back tab button badly and the edges of the
>phone. This is a serious design flaw.
>
>THe whole thing looks like Its going to break when I apply a llot of
>force.

Regards,

Moby

Alan Stuart downunder in Perth, Oz
Email: moby@NOSPAM.AND.EGGS.aircraftmail.com

Homepage: http://www.moby58.com
Local Weather: http://www.moby58.com/wx
Stuff for sale: http://www.moby58.com/forsale

* Remove NOSPAM.AND.EGGS. from email address for replies.

And just to try and stop spammers:
tosspam@aol.com, abuse@aol.com, abuse@yahoo.com, abuse@hotmail.com,
abuse@msn.com, abuse@sprint.com, abuse@earthlink.com, uce@ftc.gov,
spamcop@spamcop.net

Making life REAL hard for spammers with:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~shades2/spamtrap.html
July 26, 2004 2:31:35 AM

To reply, remove the obvious.
"Nospam" <nospam@please.co.uk> wrote in message

> "jackbus1234" <jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
> message news:jackbus1234.19vz7j@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...
> >
> > This is ridiculous. I have now been trying for 3 hours to remove the
> > back cover. Trying everything mentioned here.

<snip>

Mate, I work in a phone shop and (when they are in stock) still find them a
pain to demonstrate.

--
All the best,

Easy

Quintessential Nokia
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mrwalker/index.htm

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes.