villo08

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
hello everyone

im new at over clocking i have an fx 6100 oc to 4.00 im using and after market cooler xigmatek s1283 with an i have 5 fan running on my dokker lite, when im on high load , for example playing metro 2033 or alan wake all maxed out i get cpu temps of 59c max, should i worry about this temps

That is about as high as it will go.

However, it would probably also be hard to get it to run much lower either, because they kinda run that hot anyway plus its OCd.

The Dokker Lite looks ok. Xigmatec cooler is pretty run of the mill, but other stuff probably can't do much better.

As long as you don't have stability issues, you are probably fine like you are now.

villo08

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
when run prime 95 in the first 5 mins temps go as high as 67c so i freak out and close it.

all i have done to OC is.. i have a ASUS Crosshair V Formula, i enable multiplier . bump it up to 4.0. disable turbo core and most of the power saving options i have notice that by bumping up to 4.0 voltage vcore voltage goes to 1.36. ..

what will you guys recommend me to do to lower temps because im afraid to run prime 95. and have it crash my rig..

im running 5 gentle typhoon fan on my tt dukker lite.. any help or tips on getting my oc to work.. on another note if i run aida 64 stability test for 2 hrs the higher temps goes to 57c tops, i don't know why prime just shoot my temps way way to high ..

i appreciate any input on this, i see people getting this oc speed on just air.. am i doing something wrong?

Sounds like you aren't following the recommended OC method. That could be part of the problem.

I am not an OCing master or anything, but the way that I understand it you want a higher base clock and a lower multiplier, which sounds like the opposite of what you are doing.

You might want to do some searches on this and consider trying that instead. You can just write down your current settings and re-implement them later if you decide to. If your motherboard can save hardware profiles that would work also.

Changing your OCing methodology could potentially result in lower temperatures. Like I said, though, I am not an expert in this area.

Also, are you sure you applied the paste right and everything?

Additionally, are you leaving all the cores active when you do this? If so you might want to shut off two cores and see what that does to temperatures. Assuming the whole point isn't just to have the greatest processing power possible and this is more of a gaming application.

villo08

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012

thanks im going to start getting the base clock higher and lower the multiplier to be honest this is my first ever attempt to OC but, you do make sense so ill reset everything and start getting the base clock high and multiplier lower until i achieve 4.0 , if any one has some kind of basic setting for it, it will be highly appreciated, also i have my memory in 1600 on bios shall i live it like that to bring it down to 1333

robnof

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
What's the airflow like in your case? If it isn't ideal you might be a candidate for liquid cooling.
I myself have my fx 4170 overclocked to 4.6ghz on an antec kuhler 920. The load temps in prime 95 never exceed 54c, and that is with the fans running on low.

That's overkill for most processors anyways, a 620 will have similar results. I only ended up with a 920 because it was on sale for less than the 620.

villo08

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012

i have a dukker lite with front(intake) i have a cooler master 2000 rpm, then on side door(intake ), heat sink, back exhaust and 2 tops exhaust i have gently typhoon 1800 rpm.. i have arrange the cable to allow better air flow. thats the current config, any input ill run with it. as im a complete noob

When messing with the base clock, it is suggested that you set the processor to the lowest possible multiplier first, increase the base clock incrementally until you can't do so anymore with stability, and then crank up the processor multiplier afterwards.

I wouldn't suggest going up a tiny bit on the base clock, down a tiny bit on the processor, up a tiny bit on base clock, down a tiny bit on multiplier, etc. That is sure to lead to frustration.

Again, plenty of guides exist about how to make it through this sort of process as painlessly as possible.

This is a guide for Intel processors, but it should at least get you on the right track:

http://tinyurl.com/2ve2au3

villo08

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012

thank you

ok good i guess ill go back to default and start first with the. base clock and bump it until i get the top stable then ill try with the multiplier. thank you all for the input im learning how to properly oc my fx 6100, any other things i need to check please let me know

You will likely have to increase vCore through this process in order to get the most sizeable OC, however, the vCore increases should probably make the processor run hotter.

If you have a lot of questions about how exactly to OC, you might want to create a new thread in the OCing section of the forum where people are more experienced about that sort of thing.