MS these days...

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Many people who don't know about tomshardware turn to 1-800-microsoft. This seems like a good way to solve their problem, but in reality is not. Microsoft service is JUNK.

How do I know this?

I actually called them because I was having trouble with a MS download. First I had to go through the stupid process of pressing a million buttons just to be able to talk to a REAL person. Then finally when I do get to talk to the person the person is in india--or the phillipines--I'm not sure!? So, my service person so says [accent=strong]"Hello, my name is Ash. Please give me your full name, first and last, your address, and your zip code[/accent] When I said that I did not want to give that information, and asked why in the heck MS needed it he just said that they did and they also needed my email address. This was too far...I hung up, the stupid doanload was important enough to deal with this fool (no offense).

Have you all had these idiotic problems with microsoft? Or have things been better for you? I don't know about you, but I think microsoft service has gone to hell and is not about to come back anytime soon.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Well Sony bought Hell awhile back, so if Microsoft is there, we can expect some outlandish things in the near future. (Can anyone see SonySoft? hehe)

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Yeah, to me it seems like sony products are not as cracked as they are said to be any more...plus they charge way too much....but MS is getting just as bad.

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
first off I would never call any company as big as M$FT for support help are you kidding?

If you don't know how to do a search and figure the problem for yourself then take the computer into someone that can.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agreed that they asked your personal info a little too much. I haven't called MS for support but I did email to MS Support and their answers were very helpful, and they didn't ask for my personal info in order to provide their software support.

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
if the disk was defective take it back to where you got it.

Any other error is likely fixed via patch or SP. You won't get anywhere calling a company to talk to a live person. Unless you just like to be friendly and waste time.

If you installed a 3rd party piece of hardware and that is causing the problem then go to the third party that made the hardware.

This experience would likely be had at any american company support help desk. The people filling these spots probably don't know much of anything or they just play stupid because they are abused on a hourly basis.

crizazykid2

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
May I remind you that this was a problem with a download, not hardware or a CD.

Glad to know that their email service is better, maybe I tell them about the error in download, then maybe it will be fixed.

pip_seeker

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
ah I must have missed that.

But I still would never call them on something like that, I just pound them with some email, hit them in various places til I find some form of life that was willing to help instead of pass me on the next inept person.

maybe even send a few to bill himself or at least try. :p

if you were getting a dns page they would likely already know about the problem.