Java games, .jar, .jad and .RMS ?????

I'm confused between the jad, jar and RMS files when sending games to and
from my phone from my PC using my IrDA cable. When I download the games onto
my PC, there are three files .jar, .jad and .RMS. But I only need to send
the .jar file back when reinstalling them. So what the hell are the .jad and
..RMS files for exactly? Do they have a purpose?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about java games

    "Chogaire" <spam@mybitchup.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I'm confused between the jad, jar and RMS files when sending games to and
    > from my phone from my PC using my IrDA cable. When I download the games
    > onto
    > my PC, there are three files .jar, .jad and .RMS. But I only need to send
    > the .jar file back when reinstalling them. So what the hell are the .jad
    > and
    > .RMS files for exactly? Do they have a purpose?

    The JAD file is like a 'description' used during download. If the phone
    doesn't find it, it'll open up the JAR and try to find out about it that
    way. The main purpose of the JAD is to assist in the download of the JAR.

    RMS files contain your settings and configurations for the Java app, so if
    you want to hang on to your high scores, then hang on to the RMS!

    --
    Get your phone connected with LogoManager
    http://www.logomanager.co.uk

Nokia Games Java