taskbar

On Windows XP:

When I open a program, it shows on the bottom taskbar as two instances.
However, the program is not running twice but it just appears on the task
bar twice.

Has anyone run into this issue? Please Help..

Thank you...
2 answers Last reply
More about taskbar

    See if repairing the taskbar helps:

    Ref:
    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=uNnqonPSDHA.1920%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

    Go to Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_u.htm#xp_util
    > and get her Taskbar Plus repair tool The Taskbar section has a
    > 'Missing minimised programs' fix that should deal with it

    "msw @hotmail.com>" <msw<nospam> wrote in message
    > On Windows XP:
    >
    > When I open a program, it shows on the bottom taskbar as two instances.
    > However, the program is not running twice but it just appears on the task
    > bar twice.
    >
    > Has anyone run into this issue? Please Help..
    >
    > Thank you...

Configuration Taskbar Customization Windows XP