On Windows XP:

When I open a program, it shows on the bottom taskbar as two instances.
However, the program is not running twice but it just appears on the task
bar twice.

Has anyone run into this issue? Please Help..

Thank you...

karl

See if repairing the taskbar helps:

Ref:
http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=uNnqonPSDHA.1920%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

"msw @hotmail.com>" <msw<nospam> wrote in message
> On Windows XP:
>
> When I open a program, it shows on the bottom taskbar as two instances.
> However, the program is not running twice but it just appears on the task
> bar twice.
>
> Has anyone run into this issue? Please Help..
>
> Thank you...

karl

Go to Kelly's http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_u.htm#xp_util