No cooler master case fan connector please help

IMTIAZ_BABA

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
hi guys i have buyed coolermaster xtra flow cabinet fan but it requires a 3 pin to molex converter which is not available in my place which is guwahati in india and i m not finding it online in india so is there any other option please help

Solution
If you are handy with a soldering iron, go ahead and solder it to the correct wires going to the Molex connectors.

The fan will run (at full speed) with just two wires connected. When you scrape away the insulation to do the soldering, STAGGER the connections so that there is less of a probability of shorting out the leads.

Doing so will make the fan run continuously and at full rated RPM (speed). I did this when I added an extra rear exhaust fan to one of my desktops. Works fine and good luck!
If you are handy with a soldering iron, go ahead and solder it to the correct wires going to the Molex connectors.

The fan will run (at full speed) with just two wires connected. When you scrape away the insulation to do the soldering, STAGGER the connections so that there is less of a probability of shorting out the leads.

Doing so will make the fan run continuously and at full rated RPM (speed). I did this when I added an extra rear exhaust fan to one of my desktops. Works fine and good luck!

Solution

IMTIAZ_BABA

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

hey guyz please help i m using phenom 2 1055t with gigabyte 880gma usb3 motherboard .when i installed cm hyper 212 evo itz not working and if i install stock cooler it works so i think its the voltage issue issue with the motherboard cos when i installed it {cm hyper 212 evo} the cabinet fans work nicely but cpu fan {that is hyper 212 evo's } fan rotates very slowly so what i have to do please suggest or i have to change the battery

As you are aware, all computers must get a feedback signal ensuring that the CPU heatsink fan is working. This tells the motherboard that the CPU temps will not exceed design specs.

Obviously, in your case (Hyper 212) the heatsink is not working to specs. - the easiest thing to do is to unplug and plug back in the heatsink fan from the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard. Start the computer and see whether it boots and works.

If the computer still does not work, then uninstall the heatsink and test the fan for rotation by directly plugging it to the Power Supply. If the fan does not run at full speed (high RPM) then the fan is defective. Replace the fan and/or the heatsink.

Let me know the results. (In case the moderator closes this thread, please start a new thread with the new subject).

IMTIAZ_BABA

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

actually my mobo was weak and it died so i was not able to run the heatsink because after getting a new mobo {my mobo was under warranty} its working so thank u guy for helping me