Startup / Shutdown screens

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

What are the names of the files for the XP startup and shutdown graphics and
sounds, and where are they located?

If they get changed by a theme without asking, can I just copy them from
another XP box and "put them back"?

Thanks.... Paul
1 answer Last reply
More about startup shutdown screens
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    C:\Windows\Media

    "Paul Simon" wrote:

    > What are the names of the files for the XP startup and shutdown graphics and
    > sounds, and where are they located?
    >
    > If they get changed by a theme without asking, can I just copy them from
    > another XP box and "put them back"?
    >
    > Thanks.... Paul

Configuration Microsoft Shutdown Windows XP