Performance hit in GTX 560 ti SLI with 1GB VRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Hows much of a performance gain will I be having with two gtx 560 ti's in SLI with 2GB VRAM each, as opposed to 1 GB in each of them??

It is to be used for playing at 1080p with maxed out settings.

Thx in advance!

Solution
You can play Ultra with 560ti SLI 1GB, you just have to make sure you have 8GB of system memory for it to work without any stutter, I'm saying this from experience , not guessing, look at my system specs. It will stutter with 4GB or less system ram.

Edit : of course the 560ti 2GB is a better choice, but the 560ti 1GB is possible.

RomanJ

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

Its not a percentage performance issue, if you try to play BF3 ultra with 1GB SLI you will go from 60+ fps one moment to 20-30 FPS and stuttering hard when all your VRAM gets gobbled up.

acoriano

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
SLI at your own risk, micro-stutering happens alot... not everyone cares about it
but some regreat buying a 2nd card because they feel they have better performance with just one, micro-stuttering happens even at high FPS.

monsta

Splendid
You can play Ultra with 560ti SLI 1GB, you just have to make sure you have 8GB of system memory for it to work without any stutter, I'm saying this from experience , not guessing, look at my system specs. It will stutter with 4GB or less system ram.

Edit : of course the 560ti 2GB is a better choice, but the 560ti 1GB is possible.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.