Cascading open windows

I have a user who formerly used a Sun terminal. She could open several htm
files at once in IE, and they would open in separate windows. The windows
would cascade down the screen, so she could see each title bar, just below
each other. Switching to a different window was simple - just click its
title bar. In Windows XP Pro, the windows open either all maximized, or
totally on top of each other. Switching means minimizing or moving the top
screen, then possibly many more, before finding the one she needs then. Is
there a way to duplicate the Sun terminal behavior ?

Thanks !

Right-click Taskbar, and choose Cascade Windows.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"LDK-KY" <LDK-KY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user who formerly used a Sun terminal. She could open several htm
> files at once in IE, and they would open in separate windows. The windows
> would cascade down the screen, so she could see each title bar, just below
> each other. Switching to a different window was simple - just click its
> title bar. In Windows XP Pro, the windows open either all maximized, or
> totally on top of each other. Switching means minimizing or moving the
> top
> screen, then possibly many more, before finding the one she needs then.
> Is
> there a way to duplicate the Sun terminal behavior ?
>
> Thanks !

Thanks ! My user is so happy ! ;O)

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Right-click Taskbar, and choose Cascade Windows.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "LDK-KY" <LDK-KY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a user who formerly used a Sun terminal. She could open several htm
> > files at once in IE, and they would open in separate windows. The windows
> > would cascade down the screen, so she could see each title bar, just below
> > each other. Switching to a different window was simple - just click its
> > title bar. In Windows XP Pro, the windows open either all maximized, or
> > totally on top of each other. Switching means minimizing or moving the
> > top
> > screen, then possibly many more, before finding the one she needs then.
> > Is
> > there a way to duplicate the Sun terminal behavior ?
> >
> > Thanks !

You're welcome!

--

> Thanks ! My user is so happy ! ;O)
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Right-click Taskbar, and choose Cascade Windows.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "LDK-KY" <LDK-KY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a user who formerly used a Sun terminal. She could open several
>> >htm
>> > files at once in IE, and they would open in separate windows. The
>> > windows
>> > would cascade down the screen, so she could see each title bar, just
>> > below
>> > each other. Switching to a different window was simple - just click
>> > its
>> > title bar. In Windows XP Pro, the windows open either all maximized,
>> > or
>> > totally on top of each other. Switching means minimizing or moving the
>> > top
>> > screen, then possibly many more, before finding the one she needs then.
>> > Is
>> > there a way to duplicate the Sun terminal behavior ?
>> >
>> > Thanks !

TRENDING THREADS